Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: ..

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I love my bridesmaids dresses I picked out. They are a great un-traditional style for a bridesmaids dresses. But I have been feeling some second thoughts about it since they are so un-traditional(it doesn't help that I really care that some of the bridesmaids don't like it)  I am not a huge fashionista but I love the uniqueness of this style and how it looked on the bridesmaids. Any brides out there with some advice to help me remind myself that my first instinct was right? 

You care that your bridesmaids don't like it but not enough that you didn't choose it?  Sorry, I would never pick out a dress that my bridesmaids didn't like.  I wanted them to be comfortable and feel good in what they were wearing!  I agree with your BMs.....I don't like that dress either.
  • The high-low is really trendy, like the puffy sleeves and big hair were in the 80's.  So, IMO when you look back at the pictures you might regret it.
  • Yeah, why did you have them get it if they don't like it?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Dude - don't post if you don't want a variety of opinions. 

I actually don't outright hate the hi-lo trend (agreed that it is absolutely a trend that will probably disappear soon). I do hate the hi-lo's that are basically a cocktail dress with a piece of chiffon tacked on. Sorry, this dress is the standard old bridesmaid dress with an unflattering detail added on. Even the model looks odd here. I wouldn't be pleased about dropping $150 on this thing either.

Did your girls already buy the dress? Can you cancel the order? Why not talk to them about what they'd like? 
  • OP - I'm not quite sure why you deleted your post.  You realize by doing so it just draws MORE attention to it?  And because I quoted it earlier, everyone can still see what you deleted.  Quite frankly, it just makes you look immature and ridiculous.
  • I also came for the DD...

...and stayed for the puffy sleeves and big hair.

IMHO, those dresses are fugly. They're faux-trendy -- as in, they want to be trending, but aren't even well-made enough to be trendy. If you want untraditional, go for that! My BMs wore cocktail dresses from Target. But don't make them buy dresses that are that ugly -- ESPECIALLY if you're not 100% about them.

I ditto PPs -- so you didn't like them, but didn't like them enough to not buy them? 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • debmonn said:

Came for the dd...

...stayed for the puffy sleeves and big hair.

Best line of the day...thank you...:)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting really tired of people deleting their original posts and titles because they didn't get the reaction and 'support' for their personal point of view. That's not what forums are for. @emmarose89 grow up and realize that not everyone will share your opinion, and you posted here for honest feedback -- feedback you received and which could help other brides who have a similar dilemma. Why post if you only wanted positive responses?
    I'm just downright confused every time it happens, I can't find anything even remotely mean about any of the answers they get before they delete what they wrote.  I can't believe people are so sensitive, or need validation so badly they can't handle an internet stranger not liking their bridesmaids dress...
  • I'm getting really tired of people deleting their original posts and titles because they didn't get the reaction and 'support' for their personal point of view. That's not what forums are for. @emmarose89 grow up and realize that not everyone will share your opinion, and you posted here for honest feedback -- feedback you received and which could help other brides who have a similar dilemma. Why post if you only wanted positive responses?
    I'm just downright confused every time it happens, I can't find anything even remotely mean about any of the answers they get before they delete what they wrote.  I can't believe people are so sensitive, or need validation so badly they can't handle an internet stranger not liking their bridesmaids dress...

I completely agree. Nothing was out of line or hurtful -- she just didn't like that we didn't "remind [her] that [her] first instinct was right" and felt that was a reason to basically say, "Forget this." I'm a fairly sensitive person, and I know that I would never react like that. Kinda makes me wonder how people like that get through everyday life...

• I kind of like the dress... LOL

But I do agree with PPs... if they didn't like the dress, why make the buy it? Bridezilla alert!
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards