Not Engaged Yet

My Invitations arrived...with water damage.

We ordered our wedding invitations about a week ago so I didn't expect them to come yet, but when we were leaving our house this morning FI noticed a package at our front door. It has been raining since yesterday so he ran up to get it and noticed it was from the place we ordered our invitations and the box was soggy. 

We took them inside and sadly the invitations were not wrapped in plastic and had a dampness on one corner. We laid them out to dry on the dining room table to dry,and honestly they don't look bad but not perfect. I'm going to call the company tomorrow and see what they will do...just sad my excitement about the invitations has been dampened.

Re: My Invitations arrived...with water damage.

• Oh no! That really sucks! I hope the company will be willing to do something for you.

• I hope the company works with you!
  • Hope they're able to help you get the invites corrected!

Anniversary
  • I'm so sorry that happened. Hopefully something can be worked out so you can maybe get a new order.
  • That is awful! I hope they send you new ones asap!
  • That's really terrible! I hope the company helps you out. Who delivered the package? UPS and FedEx have been wonderful about deliving stuff to my parent's house and leaving it covered in plastic or wrapped in a plastic bag whenever we've had rain. I feel like they need to do something to compensate you or the company for the cost of ordering new invites too.

• It was actually delivered USPS, we had family over on Saturday who didn't leave until it was dark. and our mail comes through a slot into the house, I just grabbed the mail from the slot, it didn't occur tA me to check the front porch. And of course it sat out in the rain until Sunday morning.

• USPS has been really bad this season. My partner had a package get entirely lost, and my sister sent something to us and it never arrived. I completely get why; there are tons of temporary workers at UPS and Fedex, and the USPS is completely swamped, and they're trying to get all these packages delivered in time for Christmas. But it's really just been such a huge pain!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Yay glad it worked out!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay! That's really awesome of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards