September 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaids not holding flowers?

Hey ladies!

Just wanted to hear your thoughts about this idea. So I've never really been a flower type of person. Even for birthdays and Valentine's Day I'd never be disappointed if FI didn't give me flowers. I was thinking maybe I could have my BMs hold something else other than flowers. Has anyone else had the idea of not having their BMs hold flowers during the ceremony? I know I have tons of time to think about it but, I am also hoping to do this to save money on flowers. What do you guys think?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bridesmaids not holding flowers?

• Personally, mine are definitely holding flowers.  I've never really been a flower girl myself, but I just am too traditional to not have them hold them.  I have seen a lot of things where girls have bouquets with fake flowers.  Pinterest it!  You'll find some great ideas there I am sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i plan to have my BM hold clutches 
    i dont want them to carry flowers 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I pinned this picture, I have no idea what she's holding but I'm super drawn to it! Also brooch bouquets that's really popular now. I say there's no need to do anything that's not "you" 

• Thanks ladies! I love the brooch bouquets! Thanks for that idea @jenna8984.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• At my future brother-in-law's wedding, she had her girls carry really cute rustic-looking clutches that matched her theme, and she carried a brooch bouquet like the pic above. It went together really well, and I'm kinda considering doing clutches for my girls as well. I'm not a flower person, either. Just because a floral bouquet is "typical" doesn't mean you have to do it. As I always say, it's your wedding, do what makes you happy :-)

• i am making my bouquet a brooch bouquet 
    loves them...
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards