Wedding Woes

Happy Festivus!

Am I the only person who has to work every day this week except Christmas? The Internet feels lonely.

Re: Happy Festivus!

• I'm working, but really "working" means sitting here surfing the net, opening up excel sheets, at my leisure. 

WHEE!
  • I'm here today and then tomorrow until 3 PM when the clinic closes.  I'm off 26th & 27th.  It's actually pretty busy today but tomorrow it will be a ghost town in my area.
  • One of my coworkers announced her pregnancy today. She was a NIGHTMARE during her first, so this morning was pretty much spent like this:

I told husband and one of my friends, and both of them immediately responded with 'oh fuck', so... yeah. A joyous Festivus.

• Oh man....and that woman found someone to marry her?  Whoa.
  • @thejucheidea -- is that a christmas tree going into/coming out of a portal? 
  • Ven&Radio said:
    @thejucheidea -- is that a christmas tree going into/coming out of a portal? 

Indeed it is. It took forever for me to do the orange portal side because I had to take fishing line and tie every single branch up so it wouldn't collapse, but it was totally worth it.

• Ven&Radio said:
    @thejucheidea -- is that a christmas tree going into/coming out of a portal? 

Indeed it is. It took forever for me to do the orange portal side because I had to take fishing line and tie every single branch up so it wouldn't collapse, but it was totally worth it.
    I applaud your nerdiness (and determination).  That is awesome.
  • I'm here b/c I'm doing some research online.  But I'm on vacation, baby!  It's so weird to not be at work, I keep having small anxiety attacks about it.

I should drink some wine to help that.  :D
  • I'm here, sorta. Mad scrambling to get stuff done. Too much crap to worry about :(
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Buh. I had a crazy busy last half of my shift this morning, 2 deliveries after midnight with a third by another nurse. I am pumping now, then sleep, then get up and clean and bake and clean some more, and prep for brunch on Christmas.
  • I never work.  This morning I made my appetizer and desserts for Christmas eve, went to GFS, then Meijer and Goodwill.  Then back to Meijer and GFS because I lost my phone, folded laundry, and now I nurse and sit.

We had Christmas with the ILs over the weekend.  The kids got completely spoiled rotten.  We BARELY fit everything into the van.  MIL mixed up the lime fluff for a festive strawberry fluff!  Otherwise it was drama free, but tiring.

• We did our at-home Christmas for us and the dogs on Saturday. Husband got me a bitchin' neck massager that hangs around my neck like a scarf and it's magical. The dogs got to open their BarkBox and lost their damn minds at the cookies within.

• We went to my parents' house Saturday morning and spent the day with them.  That night my sister and her boyfriend had an ugly sweater and white elephant party at their house.  It was a blast, even though the power went out because a pole caught on fire.  We lit every candle in the house and threw the alcohol out in the snow.

Yesterday we had xmas with my parents and siblings and all the kids.  It was chaos as usual, but fun chaos.

Last night we got home and unloaded the van.  I did my best to put stuff away and start laundry but I was so tired and still needed to wrap, so I have more cleaning to do today.
  • Oh, and I forgot that I had turned my alarm off because we spent the night with my parents, so I woke up at 7:44 this morning.  It was glorious and the kids slept until 8:15 so I got to shower without someone coming in to pee or tell me they were hungry.
  • tawillers said:
    Oh, and I forgot that I had turned my alarm off because we spent the night with my parents, so I woke up at 7:44 this morning.  It was glorious and the kids slept until 8:15 so I got to shower without someone coming in to pee or tell me they were hungry.
    This is my Christmas wish.  Saturday night we were all in one room.  Last night MIL texted at 11 pm about a stupid picture, M2's sleep sucks, and DH was up half the night coughing.
  • Ooh, this is a good Festivus gift: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/23/22021385-federal-judge-allows-same-sex-marriage-in-utah-to-continue?lite

Though I have to admit that I'm really embarrassed that Utah has marriage equality before Tennessee, though I shouldn't really be surprised with all of the good ol' boys around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards