Florida-North Florida

My Beach Wedding

Hi future brides! I just wanted to give a few insights and ideas when it comes to planning a wedding here along the panhandle.
First small home businesses (DJ's, bakers, wedding planners, photographers) aren't always a bad idea.
I used Betsy Soles from White Sand Weddings to help me and she was fantastic!
My husband is a Latin DJ here along the Emerald Coast but I of course couldn't use him. We flew in a friend/DJ to do our wedding. However being a DJ-wife I've met so many great DJ's and they work in clubs, provide for military functions and several weddings.
I couldn't find a venue for the life of me and nearly cancelled my wedding. Instead I rented out a beach house for one week and held the wedding underneath. The cost for 1 whole week was $2100 and I had the wedding party/family split the cost (per person). Roughly came out to $120. Not bad at all for a week stay at a beach.
We held the ceremony along Navarre Beach and the beach house was about a 3 min walk away. I had Mark cater it (another suggestion from my wedding planner). It was fantastic, he met all of our needs and it came out to $18 a head.
Christine Greene with Beach Betty Cakes works from home and made my cake. The theme was a Latin Dia de los Muertos. Gorgeous and cost me $100. The additional cookies cost me another $60. She delivered and took care of everything!

Most of my money spent was on luxuries that I wanted and a few I had no control over. :)
I have a few pics posted on my profile and will add more. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Good luck to all of you!   xoxo

Re: My Beach Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards