Registry and Gift Forum

How many registries?

I have registered at 3 different places: Target, Williams Sonoma, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I have 325 people invited. I am now thinking of doing a honeyfund to help pay for the honeymoon that I really want to go on. In getting advice from family, they say to just add the honeyfund along with the other registries. I'm worried that I am asking for too much. Should I get rid of one of the regular registries and then add the honeyfund? I'm confused about what to do

Re: How many registries?

• doeydo said:
    No, "honeyfunds" are rude and tacky.  Also, the company usually takes a percentage of the money that people put into it and when guests think they are buying you a swim with the dolphins, you don't actually get it.  If you would like money, when someone asks you what they should get you for your wedding, you can say "Oh, we don't need much, but we are saving up for our honeymoon" and leave it at that.  They will get the hint.  
    This. Honeymoon funds are tacky and they take a percentage, so you're not actually getting the $100 or whatever they put in. No one wants to pay for your fuck fest.
  • Don't do the honeyfund. You have registries for those who like to give physical gifts. Anyone who doesn't like to give physical gifts or can't find something they want to give on a registry will probably give you money, and not charge a convienece (sp) fee.

Anniversary
  • svandborg said:
    I have registered at 3 different places: Target, Williams Sonoma, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I have 325 people invited. I am now thinking of doing a honeyfund to help pay for the honeymoon that I really want to go on. In getting advice from family, they say to just add the honeyfund along with the other registries. I'm worried that I am asking for too much. Should I get rid of one of the regular registries and then add the honeyfund? I'm confused about what to do
    Please don't do a Honeyfund.  This is one of them most awful wedding trends to come about lately.  Stick with the 3 store registries and you'll be good.  Anyone that wants to give you money will.
  • doeydo said:
    No, "honeyfunds" are rude and tacky.  Also, the company usually takes a percentage of the money that people put into it and when guests think they are buying you a swim with the dolphins, you don't actually get it.  If you would like money, when someone asks you what they should get you for your wedding, you can say "Oh, we don't need much, but we are saving up for our honeymoon" and leave it at that.  They will get the hint.  
    This. Honeymoon funds are tacky and they take a percentage, so you're not actually getting the $100 or whatever they put in. No one wants to pay for your fuck fest.
    Wow...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Asking for cash even disguised as a HM registry is very inappropriate and deceptive to your guests. People know cash is a great gift. If you prefer cash as opposed to physical gifts keep your registries small and people will get the hint that cash is appreciated. 
  • No, ma'am. It's your responsibility to pay for your honeymoon, not your guests. Do not make a honeymoon registry. People know that you'd appreciate cash. Your other registries are just fine. If they get bought out, people can write you a check and you can do with it what you wish.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
  • svandborg said:
    I just did BBB and I placed an item from our honeymoon on our registry, that if no one got for us, then I was going to pay for it myself for me and DH.

You should never have anyone pay for your actual honeymoon. If you can't afford a honeymoon then register for nothing and most likely everyone will give you money and therefore you will be able to go on a honeymoon. 
  • What the PPs said.
  • 2-3 registries is normal.  If you want to encourage guests to give cash, keep the registries small.

Honeymoon and cash registries are always rude.  Use cash gifts to help with the honeymoon.  It's inappropriate to register for money.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards