Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Do you think these are cute or stupid? Streamers for waving

http://www.etsy.com/listing/158307498/personalized-wedding-wands-100-custom?utm_campaign=Share&share_id=35442099&utm_medium=PageTools&hmac=d9f8c5527a3a65e6652bf4e9ae07e3bdb543aa60&utm_source=Pinterest

We aren't allowed to throw confetti or rice or anything that requires clean up. I'm not really a bubble fan. So I was thinking of ribbon streamers that people wave at you/in the air after you say I do and walking back down the aisle. I think it would be something cute for pictures but will guests think it's lame? If I decide to do them I already bought ribbon on sale for $11 to make my own, no way in hell I'd pay the Etsy prices for that hahah 

Re: Do you think these are cute or stupid? Streamers for waving

• Honestly, I think it's kind of lame and not worth the time in making them. As a guest, I would think it was childish, something that belongs at a kids birthday party. 
  • I'd just skip it.
  • xmobergx said:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/158307498/personalized-wedding-wands-100-custom?utm_campaign=Share&share_id=35442099&utm_medium=PageTools&hmac=d9f8c5527a3a65e6652bf4e9ae07e3bdb543aa60&utm_source=Pinterest

We aren't allowed to throw confetti or rice or anything that requires clean up. I'm not really a bubble fan. So I was thinking of ribbon streamers that people wave at you/in the air after you say I do and walking back down the aisle. I think it would be something cute for pictures but will guests think it's lame? If I decide to do them I already bought ribbon on sale for $11 to make my own, no way in hell I'd pay the Etsy prices for that hahah 
    I kind of depends on the overall theme of your wedding too (in my opinion) but I personally would skip them. 
  • I would skip, too. What about ringing bells?
  • We made yay flags (LINK). They serve the same purpose but are slightly less childish (we had a backyard wedding so it fit). You could easily glue bells to them. Or do the ribbon and just make it a little shorter (6 inches tops). If you consider it a fun little project and you don't have too many expectations about people loving them, go for it.
  • Bells wouldn't be seen in pictures....I dunno, looking for something neat for pictures with the effect of confetti but without the mess....any suggestions? @emmyg65 those are pretty cute! 
  • Schatzi13 said:
    Do you and FI like the photos you've seen with the ribbon wands, OP?

People at our wedding clapped when we walked back down the aisle. I don't think it's what you're after, but it is visible in the photos. (I like our photos better than any examples I could find with a quick google - I think our guests looked happier or were more animated or something - but: link link)

Another idea, also not the same type of visual: Friends passed out parasols for their outdoor summer wedding and exited the ceremony through a path created by the WP holding them up (e.g., link).
    This is a great point. I think the clapping is way better and really captures how happy people are for you. 
  • I actually think they are cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards