Chit Chat

"Team Bride"

Oy.  An acquaintance has been Facebooking all about her bachelorette party, which as far as I can tell is a multi-day thing.  It looks like everybody's having a good time.  A friend just posted a pic of herself and another BM in matching "Team Bride" tees.  *facepalm*

I hereby vow not to force my BMs into any matching, monogrammed, or wedding-themed attire.  "Attire" shall be defined not only as clothing, but also robes, totes, slippers, flip-flops, sashes, crowns, and similar accoutrements.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: "Team Bride"

• My sister got those shirts for our other sister's bachelorette party. We only wore them during the day, and then changed to go out. We also wore them for the rehearsal dinner (casual). I think it's fine if everyone is cool with it, and it's not required by the bride.

• laurynm84 said:
    My sister got those shirts for our other sister's bachelorette party. We only wore them during the day, and then changed to go out. We also wore them for the rehearsal dinner (casual). I think it's fine if everyone is cool with it, and it's not required by the bride.
    Yeah I suppose if the BMs chose that themselves, there's really nothing wrong with it.  I just have a hard time believing that every single BM was totally on board (I'm guessing bride or MOH suggested it and nobody felt like they could say no).  But I wasn't there, so anything's possible.  I just know that no idea like that will ever come from me personally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I wore a pink sash at a bach party once. The MOH bought them and everyone ended up wearing them. I think they cost like $2 each. They were def not required though.
  • laurynm84 said:
    My sister got those shirts for our other sister's bachelorette party. We only wore them during the day, and then changed to go out. We also wore them for the rehearsal dinner (casual). I think it's fine if everyone is cool with it, and it's not required by the bride.
    Yeah I suppose if the BMs chose that themselves, there's really nothing wrong with it.  I just have a hard time believing that every single BM was totally on board (I'm guessing bride or MOH suggested it and nobody felt like they could say no).  But I wasn't there, so anything's possible.  I just know that no idea like that will ever come from me personally.
    Well I was the MOH and my sister was the bride and neither of us suggested it.  Our other sister bought them on her own, and there were only 1 other bridesmaid besides us (the grooms sister). So yes, it was fine.  I mean, no I'm never going to wear it again, and they were not necessary, but it was a fun thing my sister did. And no one was forced to wear it either.  We also had sashes, but those didn't stay on very long.. ha ha!

• If I was a bridesmaid and the bride or the MoH got them for us to wear, I would wear it because it's not something I would really want to say no to and possibly end up causing a little tension plus I get a new shirt of it that I could wear while cleaning the house or working out or something.

• Oy.  An acquaintance has been Facebooking all about her bachelorette party, which as far as I can tell is a multi-day thing.  It looks like everybody's having a good time.  A friend just posted a pic of herself and another BM in matching "Team Bride" tees.  *facepalm*

I hereby vow not to force my BMs into any matching, monogrammed, or wedding-themed attire.  "Attire" shall be defined not only as clothing, but also robes, totes, slippers, flip-flops, sashes, crowns, and similar accoutrements.  
    Can we add in anything with glitter or rhinestone words on it please?!?!?!
  • I bought finger mustache temporary tattoos for people if they wanted them LOL. Made for a lot of funny pictures but they were definitely not required or forced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards