Chit Chat

New Years resolutions

Anyone have any resolutions for the coming year? Mine is to try to get some more me time. I very rarely have it.

Re: New Years resolutions

• I need to exercise more.  My oncologist says it is one of the best things I can do to stay in remission.  Nothing drastic - just walking around the neighborhood.  I tend to be a couch potato.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Ditto the exercise. I have my second hip surgery coming up right after our honeymoon (joy.), and I need to make sure I don't have any extra weight hanging around and that I have enough upper body strength to haul my butt around on crutches for 4 - 6 weeks.

I also want to start reading more. I used to be a voracious reader and I still love to do it, but I don't make time for it. There are so many nights spent in front of the TV that could be spent reading instead, and I'd be better for it.

• I honestly don't make a New Years resolution. Why set up a new year for failure? haha 

But, I always think of things that need to happen; eat better, drink less, exercise more. I would definitely say to try to make 2014 even better than 2013. I had a pretty great year, and would like to keep that momentum going:) 
  • I'm going back on my diet and excercise plan on the 2nd and sticking with it until I finally lose 50 pounds. For once I have motivation to keep going and not be tempted by crap. Motivation number 1 I will not try on dresses til I'm back to my normal healthy weight and motivation number 2 this time I'm not keeping my fat clothes. Makes it harder to let myself gain the weight back.
  • FI and I want to eat better and excersize more. I want to do it to be healthy for when we start trying to have a baby. He wants to do it for his army career.
    I would also like to get back to my reading. I used to read at least a book per week. In 2013 I think I read 3 books in total. That is no good for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    CMGragain said:
    I need to exercise more.  My oncologist says it is one of the best things I can do to stay in remission.  Nothing drastic - just walking around the neighborhood.  I tend to be a couch potato.

I'm sending positive thoughts for you to have a healthy happy year in remission. I would like to get back to my reading too. I used to read at least a book a week. ETA: that is suppose to be two,paragraphs but for some reason my iPad hates paragraphs on here.
  • I never make resolutions. It is, as PP said, just setting myself up for failure. I do have some pretty cool things in the pipe for 2014 and I'm looking forward to the challenge and excitement of those happening.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
  • Two years ago I resolved to write letters to friends/relatives.  Last year I resolved to be more generous.  I'd like to keep up with those two this year and I'm adding get out at lunch more instead of staying at my desk.  This will include lunch time walks and lunches out with friends and/or DH.
  • I think maybe I'll get married this year. :)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Really this is a resolution for Fi's sake: but we need to get back to the gym and eat healthier.  I am normal weight but Fi is obese and won't go to the gym without me.  So I'm switching over from the dance studio where I usually work out, to the sports club where he can come with me.

This is the year we really need to get our money in order.  I start a major job in the fall but things will be very tight until then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    My resolution is to lost a little bit of weight and get fit.  I've been eating badly and not working out at all the past year and especially the past few months.  I kind of hit my "this is it" weight and I want to lose some.  I'm not heavy, just on the heavy side of average but I'd really like to lose some but more importantly, build muscle and get fit and eat healthy.  H is going to get a gym pass, I have one (I pay a fee for it at my school), and then we'll start working out together.  That'll help if he's helping drag my but there.

As added incentive, my sister's BM dresses for her May wedding are sheath dresses so I really want to look good.
  • I don't really believe in New Years resolutions, because in my very limited experience they seem to be things that people say and then forget about by 3 Jan.

But, I would like to learn to drive in 2014, and I'd like to have my license by the time FI and I are married so I can share the driving on our honeymoon.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • We have to lose weight, it's not for NY, but it just happened that way. I've put on crazy weight in the last 2 years and the vet said our dog had to lose 20 lbs. Besides, his aunt had offered to help with our wedding clothes. It'll be custom made overseas so the next month will be critical so we can get measured. At the very least, for our dog, we committed to a minimum of at least 3 long walks at the park a week. Then we'll add in our own exercise and eating healthy organ.
  • EverAfer said:
    We have to lose weight, it's not for NY, but it just happened that way. I've put on crazy weight in the last 2 years and the vet said our dog had to lose 20 lbs. Besides, his aunt had offered to help with our wedding clothes. It'll be custom made overseas so the next month will be critical so we can get measured. At the very least, for our dog, we committed to a minimum of at least 3 long walks at the park a week. Then we'll add in our own exercise and eating healthy organ.
    LOL at "eating healthy organ"

• Looks like lots of us have weight-loss or "get active" goals.  I find that the Getting in Shape board is always so dead... maybe we can start some accountability threads over here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• yeah, I've been on the standard need to lose weight train for a while now. *choo choo*
  • Looks like lots of us have weight-loss or "get active" goals.  I find that the Getting in Shape board is always so dead... maybe we can start some accountability threads over here.

I think that is a great idea! I could stand to start working out again. It is something I've gotten kind of lazy about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards