Chit Chat

No NYE or NYD plans for us.

So I will admit FI and I have no plans for today or tomorrow. I was talking with FMIL the other day and told her I really just want to be a homebody and her response was, "Well yall have plenty of time to be a boring couple," or something on the lines of that. I get it, I really do, but I am so friggin worn out still from Christmas and work that I don't want to do much. Maybe FI and I will stay at home, and play Monopoly or something. We have been playing that a lot lately so maybe we will just stay home and play games, which I am totally fine with because I enjoy them. Maybe I will cook an awesome dinner. Any suggestions? :) 

Also, you might have been asked already, but what are some of your plans? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No NYE or NYD plans for us.

• We are staying at home and I'm cooking!  On the menu tonight: Mozzarella salad, crostini, cornish game hen (I'm excited about this), roasted potatoes, asparagus, and we are trying out our new ice cream maker to make some cinnamon ice cream.  I love cooking and I'm psyched.

This afternoon I'm going wedding dress shopping, so that's our excitement for the day.

Meanwhile my 23-year-old sister is going to see Moby perform at a warehouse party in Brooklyn.  The kids can have their fun... I'm spending NYE in front of the fire with a delicious meal and my hunny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• That is EXACTLY what FI and I are gonna do! At first I was all "party, party, party!!!!", but after Christmas and having to work this holiday season, I am worn out. Plus, he got sick over the weekend and he is now super sick, so going anywhere would probably be out of the question anyways. I am going to buy some DELISH Japanese chocolate from this chocolate place near my job, and a bottle of champagne. I think I will also cook a fancy dinner - I left some NY strip steaks at home. Maybe with some garlic mashed and a Caesar salad? So I am excited to just stay at home, relax, watch some old Full House reruns, and toast with some chocolate and champagne at midnight :) 

In terms of dinner maybe you can make some steak, ribs, or a roasted chicken? With a salad and mashed potatoes? Yum!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We're going to a small party with some of the tabletop gaming guys. Probably they'll run a short one-off campaign and I'll knit. I'm bringing a pumpkin pie fondue-style dip that looks fantastic, and if it is I will be sure to share.
  • edited December 2013
    We're totally having a quiet night in. I'm working from home today until around 5, and then we're just going to watch movies and drink wine (we're both off tomorrow, thankfully!). Not sure what the plan is for dinner yet, but ordering sushi is sounding delish... 

ETA: @KeptInStitches -- PLEASE let us know how that dip turns out! That sounds amazing.

• We are staying at home and I'm cooking!  On the menu tonight: Mozzarella salad, crostini, cornish game hen (I'm excited about this), roasted potatoes, asparagus, and we are trying out our new ice cream maker to make some cinnamon ice cream.  I love cooking and I'm psyched.

This afternoon I'm going wedding dress shopping, so that's our excitement for the day.

Meanwhile my 23-year-old sister is going to see Moby perform at a warehouse party in Brooklyn.  The kids can have their fun... I'm spending NYE in front of the fire with a delicious meal and my hunny.

IN THE BOX!

To bolded #1 YUM! The cinnamon ice cream sounds so good! I would love to make it, but FI hates cinnamon :/

To bolded #2 How exciting! Good luck to you and good vibes that you will find your dress coming your way. And I love Moby! Although I would be super iffy about going to see him or any concert on NYE because of the craziness, but if you can then that's cool too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• quiet night in, and making our special version of seafood fondue tonight!
  • We're staying home tonight too. We were suppose to go to a party but we're both exhausted and decided to stay home. Movies and pizza for us tonight.
  • I really wanted to stay in tonight and just indulge in some really good food and drink champagne all night but that's not happening. FI's really good friends (husband and wife) are having a small get together tonight and they'd really like it if we came over. So I get to trek out tonight in the BITTER cold to go sit at this party when I'd much rather be at home in my pjs. We're also waiting to hear if the offer is accepted on this house we'd like to put an offer in on and if it's not accepted, then we're going to look at it once more tomorrow and hopefully put our own offer in! 5 pm (the deadline) cannot come soon enough!

• That is EXACTLY what FI and I are gonna do! At first I was all "party, party, party!!!!", but after Christmas and having to work this holiday season, I am worn out. Plus, he got sick over the weekend and he is now super sick, so going anywhere would probably be out of the question anyways. I am going to buy some DELISH Japanese chocolate from this chocolate place near my job, and a bottle of champagne. I think I will also cook a fancy dinner - I left some NY strip steaks at home. Maybe with some garlic mashed and a Caesar salad? So I am excited to just stay at home, relax, watch some old Full House reruns, and toast with some chocolate and champagne at midnight :) 

In terms of dinner maybe you can make some steak, ribs, or a roasted chicken? With a salad and mashed potatoes? Yum!

THE THE BOX AGAIN!

And were not party people at all, haha. Were very kept to ourselves for a couple of 20/21 year olds. I know how it feels about the sick part. FBIL and his GF were sick, so naturally after being around them for Holidays, we got sick too. Thankfully it wasn't worse and I have no health insurance just yet. All in all that sounds like a fun time. I might light our fireplace, too. :) It's freezing here in Texas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We just got back from holiday travel, so I am parking my ass on the sofa and doing nothing. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    We're not doing anything either. We didn't last year... and he proposed in our living room lol. We're just having mini weenies, cheese fondue, crackers, pitas, cracker dip, hickory farms meats and cheeses, and chips with salsa dip. Playing COD all night long. lol... and drinking. Last year I think we did about the same but different food, we did bbq meatballs and made sandwiches. NYD we're just having hot dogs, left overs and chilling. Perks of living 8 hrs away from anyone we know and our only friend in town (who is orig. from PA like us) is up in PA until Sat. soooo yeah, just hanging with the dogs, food, booze and video games lol

ETA: Oh, and currently- I'm at work until 3:30. Though, on the plus side, all I'm doing is printing my invites, inserts and RSVP envelopes. mmm Nice and quiet office to myself. My FI is home with the dogs cleaning, unpacking and chilling on the couch. Life must be good for a teacher ;). I'm however all alone in a trailer at the elementary school with no kids or teachers around.. life is still good for a central office employee.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We're crashing at our best friends house with the kids lol we each have older girls and our little ones are only 2 months apart so they all play together, her and I sit, chat and drink and the guys play COD drink and then we usually watch a movie lol
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013

A quiet night in sounds nice.  We are going out to a couple of parties but if we were staying in I could see some good food, cuddling and watching TV or a movie, and champagne.  Staying in or going out---either way I like my champagne ;)

• jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    So much for a quiet night. My aunt is a freaking psycho. My younger cousin is living with his parents right now. He had an apartment but the wore sold it and he couldn't find another place by the evac date so that is why he is staying at parents. Well he was texting me today because he is having some issues with his ex over their child. My aunt calls texted me and asked if it was me he was talking to. I ignored her because it is really none of her business. So she then called me to see if I was talking to him. I ignored her call too but I texted my cousin and told him his mom is being crazy noisey. He texts me back that he knows and that she is at that time yelling at him like a teenager because he is going to have his kid tonight. Apparently she doesn't think he should have his kid, her grandchild, on NYE because it will give his ex time to go out and party. He doesn't care what his ex does tonight because he is getting to spend the extra time with his kid but that is completely over my aunt's head apparently. Anyway she was being a complete bitch so my FI and I offered to let him come stay at our place. So instead of a quiet night alone my younger cousin and his baby are going to be here. ETA: sorry for the rant but I'm seriously annoyed with my aunt right now.
  • We are going to my FFIL's and FMIL's for dinner tonight.  After that, we are going to walk over to our friends' house to watch movies and hang out until midnight comes.  
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    jdluvr06 said:
    So much for a quiet night. My aunt is a freaking psycho. My younger cousin is living with his parents right now. He had an apartment but the wore sold it and he couldn't find another place by the evac date so that is why he is staying at parents. Well he was texting me today because he is having some issues with his ex over their child. My aunt calls texted me and asked if it was me he was talking to. I ignored her because it is really none of her business. So she then called me to see if I was talking to him. I ignored her call too but I texted my cousin and told him his mom is being crazy noisey. He texts me back that he knows and that she is at that time yelling at him like a teenager because he is going to have his kid tonight. Apparently she doesn't think he should have his kid, her grandchild, on NYE because it will give his ex time to go out and party. He doesn't care what his ex does tonight because he is getting to spend the extra time with his kid but that is completely over my aunt's head apparently. Anyway she was being a complete bitch so my FI and I offered to let him come stay at our place. So instead of a quiet night alone my younger cousin and his baby are going to be here. ETA: sorry for the rant but I'm seriously annoyed with my aunt right now.
    Your aunt needs to check her priorities. Anytime a dad gets to spend with their child (or mom for that matter) should be supported especially in a split household. Sorry your quiet night was demolished but good for you for supporting your cousin and his family decisions! That is really a nice thing to do.
  • I'm heading out to the wedding of one my college roommates tonight. I'm actually pretty excited to have a fun party to go to, as I'm usually part of the stay home and watch movies on NYE crowd. :)

This makes me think of the NYE episode of How I Met Your Mother from the first season. 

@allisonmarie658 I love HIMYM too and have been giving Sis crap about that episode ever since I heard where she was going!  "Wait... that guy isn't Moby...."  "It's fake Moby!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Ugh, my plans just got cancelled due to the weather.  
  • I work today too. Hopefully not too late as it is super slow. All this food and drink talk is making me hungry/thirsty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm at work until 4:30 EST. Then it's home to cook dinner and laze around drinking champagne... until 10PM when we are expected at FI's friend's house for a party that will consist of 25 men in their late 20's and their gfs/wives all acting like a bunch of 18 year olds at a kegger. Joy. :( Not looking forward to that one. I think we're going to make an appearance and then duck out early.

Umm... so where do you live? Because I'm coming for dinner! Lol.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Your aunt needs to check her priorities. Anytime a dad gets to spend with their child (or mom for that matter) should be supported especially in a split household. Sorry your quiet night was demolished but good for you for supporting your cousin and his family decisions! That is really a nice thing to do.
    I really don't know what has gotten into my aunt. I know she wasn't happy when my cousin's ex got pregnant (they were/are pretty young but she was 20 and he was 21 at the time so they are adults). Half the time she acts like she wants nothing to do with the baby. It is very sad. I wasn't about to make my cousin have to deal with that for the first new year he gets with the baby.
  • We are having some friends over, then hitting the town. I am most excited for our beach recovery day tomorrow. Nothing like starting the New Year floating the in ocean:)
  • I am going to be boring. FI is out snowboarding. I told him to go, because this will be the last crazy overnight "thing" he gets to do with his friends. 

So my daughter, who is 3, and I are going to have some strawberries after dinner and sparkling grape cider. I do not even think I am going to stay up till midnight. I usually get up early with her.  
  • FI is working late tonight because it's end of the year/month. I will be staying at home with our daughter. We plan to watch movies and bake cookies. I will probably have a glass of champagne and pass out early. 
  • I am working until 945pm. After that its board games, junk food and bed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • So far we have taken my car to insurance place because some guy hit my car in a parking lot and ran away. Then came home, ordered pizza and wings and ate. Pretty good start so far. Happy New Years, ladies! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards