Wedding Woes

Whatcha doing tonight?

I want to pretend I'm someone else. 

I'm taking the kids to something at a park then apparently making party hats.  6let asked about them last night and I told him we didn't have time to buy any.  DH proudly announces that we could just "make them."  No asshole.  I hate crafts to begin with and doing them with these 3 is 100000times worse.  He sent me a link to make them.  I'd almost rather take them to the store to buy them.

Re: Whatcha doing tonight?

• We're going to go see The Hobbit then coming home and playing video games. Typical nerdy night.

• We were going to geek out with friends, but patient zero nullified that. My brother may head over anyway, he and I are still well. Maybe play Mario Party. Go to bed before midnight. Woooooooooooooo.
  • We are going to down south of Indy to see a band at a bar near IU with BIL and SIL.  They're heading back home tomorrow.  

My mom just came and picked up the kids for the day/night and we're going to their house tomorrow to hang out and eat Mexican. It's become a New Year's Day tradition and I love it.  
  • @6, I love crafts and I'm currently laid up with nerve issues in my leg. If you lived near me, I'd totally do them for you today!

I'm basically on bed rest for my leg. Today will consist of putting in my time sheets from home (yay for leave time!) compiling the photo list, sending out a few invites we'd forgotten, writing thank you notes, compiling music list, and playing WoW with FI.
  • The ILs are taking the kids overnight since they will be leaving for another job soon.  DH and I will go out to eat, but that's about it.  We haven't gone out to celebrate NYE in years and years.  I'd like to, but I just don't know if it's worth it.
  • @tawillers,  this is the second year in a row that DH and I have gone out for NYE.  Last year we went to dinner and an improv show.  It was a great night.  We had the best time. 

We'll see how this year shakes out.  We are going to be in a bar, in a college town...but the kids aren't back in school yet. So it may not be too bad.  Also, IDK how big of a following this band we're seeing has.  It's a band that started at IU, but they had big following in the south.  

I'm hoping that having advance plans (and getting to the bar as soon as the doors open) will make for a good night.  I'm definitely going to wear some standing shoes just in case.  :) 
  • I hope it's fun, conn!  Is this a band you know or just something you are going to check out?

I'm really looking forward to a big fat steak for dinner.
  • The band is called Murder by Death and despite their name, their sound is folksy, kind of along the same lines as Mumford and Sons (from the few song clips I've listened to). 

It's BIL's favorite band.  He and SIL have seen them a few times around the south.  
  • Sounds fun!  Be safe.
  • Well.  H is working until Midnight, so I'll be planting my ass on the couch and watching whatever the heck I want to.  I'd love to have a few drinks with friends, but I highly doubt that will happen because I feel kind of hermity.
  • We're going to buy some nice steaks and do a dinner at home.  Probably play some games and crash out.  We're going out with a hiking group tomorrow and trying to start a new healthy tradition.  I'm looking forward to it, it's supposed to be a beautiful hike and nice weather for it.
  • DH's BFF is coming over for dinner and a movie tournament.  I went to our local Italian market/butcher shop and bought some nice steaks last night. I also bought some mushrooms, asparagus, gnocchi and garlic butter - so that should make a nice meal. (Don't leave me alone to shop in an Italian market - I could have easily gone way over budget). I just need to pick up some italian bread on the way home tonight (they were out) and some Asti (our toast of choice).  

@6fsn - are you near a Walgreens? They have cheap NYE party hats and it's an easy store to get in and out of with the kids.  Or just take some construction paper, make a cone, slap a piece of tape on and call it a day.  
  • Gnocchi, aw yiss. I need to make some -- it's been probably three years since I last made gnocchi, sad.

• Gnocchi, aw yiss. I need to make some -- it's been probably three years since I last made gnocchi, sad.
    I've always wanted to make it!  I've watched Lidia Bastianich make it on her show and she made it look so easy.  Yum.
  • I love lidia. she even made chicken livers look delicious.
    I've always wanted to make it!  I've watched Lidia Bastianich make it on her show and she made it look so easy.  Yum.
    I have celiac disease, so I have to eat gluten free, and until like... a few months ago, there wasn't a commercially available gnocchi, so I had to learn to make it myself. It's so easy though!!

• We'll probably be in bed by 10pm.  I'm leaving work early and catching the 3:00pm train.  I think we're having leftover pizza and watching Homeland.  We have a delayed NYE party on Friday night.  It's spy-themed so Dh and I are going as Saul & Carrie from Homeland, lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In case anyone was worried about party hats....the park program had it as a craft.  That and noisemakers and cookie decorating.  Crisis averted @auntflo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards