Chit Chat

do you wear your ring at home?

do you wear your ring at home during the day? 

I sometimes do but most of the time i use it when I am going out. I worry I might be clumsy-er around the house and damage it

Re: do you wear your ring at home?

• Worn it every moment of every day and night for 26 years!
  • Nope. I don't wear any jewelry at home. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    All day, errrryday.
  • I don't take off my engagement ring unless I'm doing something really dirty like baking bread or mixing concrete. I purposefully chose a very simple band for my wedding band so that I never have to take it off.

I haven't taken either off since we got married.

• Not usually. I don't have it on now. I'm just sitting around watching TV.

• My ring just got the bands soldered on so I can't wear it again until the big day (11 days to go!!!!!) and I miss it so much. I did take it off to do things like cook and clean and will continue to do that going forward. I love my ring so much and I love showing off the fact that I have a man that loves me that much to want to spend the rest of his life with me!!!
  • Wear it all the time except showering or dirty work (some art projects, doughs that are handworked, etc.)

Anniversary
  • Always. The only time I take it off is to shower, put on lotion, or if I'm cooking something messy. I don't see a reason to take it off at home and I'm terrified of losing it. I lose everything. Its too pretty on my finger to take off :)
    Anniversary

• I have mine off right now because I'm in the middle of prepping a chicken for tonight's dinner and I don't want to wear my rings near raw meat.

I often take them off to cook, because I have a pave setting and I'm paranoid about bacteria getting underneath the settings.

I also take them off to clean (bleach and other nasty chemicals), and to make dough.

Otherwise, nope.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I take mine off to shower, to cook or put lotion on. But otherwise its always on.
    Anniversary
  • I wear mine constantly -- it's the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night. The only times I don't wear it are sleeping, showering, messy kitchen stuff, putting on lotion, and the occasional time my hands are hot and swollen. I feel really weird when I'm not wearing it -- it's like my finger is unusually light.

• Unless I'm going to get food it or my fingers are swelling (happened when I was about 6 mos pregnant with DD) they are on all the time. 
  • I usually always wear it unless I'm showering, sleeping, gardening, or doing something with my hands at work. I haven't worn it a few weeks though because I broke my finger at work and it's been to swollen for me to put it back on.
  • I wear mine all the time, except for showers and dirty tasks.
  • edited December 2013
    I've only had my ring for two weeks but I've taken it off to shower and to do dishes. Our apartment is very cold so my ring spins too much for me to feel safe wearing it while my hands are wet.
    Otherwise it doesn't come off. I will likely take it off in the summer when I kayak/go on backpacking trips.

ETA: when my hands are warm the ring fits perfectly but it spins a bit when they're cold
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wear it all the time, except for showering.  Too paranoid to lose it otherwise!
  • Hate to hijack, but WHERE do you keep your ring when you do take it off? Do you keep it in your pocket, put it in its box, put it on a necklace, etc ?
  • Bathroom counter when showering, ring stand at kitchen sink for everything elsr

Anniversary
  • I put it in my jewelry box.
  • I take mine off when showering, sleeping and cooking. Otherwise, I always wear it. Funny story- I didn't wear it to the gym the other day (intentionally) and FI hid it so I would think I lost it!
  • sarahufl said:
    I take mine off when showering, sleeping and cooking. Otherwise, I always wear it. Funny story- I didn't wear it to the gym the other day (intentionally) and FI hid it so I would think I lost it!
    Totally not funny. I probably would have punched my H if he did that. 

I never wear my rings at home. I immediately take them off when I get home. 
  • Hate to hijack, but WHERE do you keep your ring when you do take it off? Do you keep it in your pocket, put it in its box, put it on a necklace, etc ?

I put mine it its box when I'm sleeping, cleaning, and showering but I really want a cute little ring dish!

• I've had my engagement ring since July 26, 2008, and my wedding ring since March 28, 2009. They have left my hand for only two reasons: hand lotion or jewelry cleaner. That's it.

Over the years, with my rings on, I have cooked, baked, showered, done dishes, cleaned, done laundry, cared for the pets, had my hands in saltwater fish tanks, slept, raked, blown, and hauled leaves, shoveled snow, gardened, carried firewood, made pasta, packed, moved, unpacked, painted, spackled, gone swimming, gone on vacation, worked, played with kids, and changed tires.

Diamonds are tough to scratch.
  • I put mine on a shelf in the bathroom that I see as soon as I get out of the shower. Otherwise, it lands on whatever table is closest when I decide to take it off. At night, it goes on my nightstand, just above where my phone and water glass are so that I don't knock it off in the middle of the night :)

• I wear mine almost all the time. I take it off to wash my face/shower, put on lotion, cook raw meat or doughy stuff, clean and do my daughter's hair.  Sometimes I take it off at night because my fingers swell, but that's it.  When I take it off, I put it in my jewelery box or on our paper towel holder (there is a piece on the base that the ring slides over) I'm too scared to take it off in the bathroom or kitchen because my clumsy self would probably drop it down the drain or in the toilet!
  • On my wedding day, my husband's 10-year-old niece very proudly presented me with a lumpy little clay pot she threw and glazed. We keep our rings in it when we're not wearing them.
  • I have a heart shaped jewelry box that only my rings go in. It sits on or in my nightstand.

• Wear my E-ring all the time and I plan on wearing my wedding band as well. The only time i take my e-ring off is when I shower because my ring has gotten caught in my hair plenty of times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do wear it all the time. I like it that much. :)
  • I wear mine all the time. I only take it off sometimes when I wash my hair, when I clean, touch meat, or kickbox. I never really wore jewelry on a daily basis so it was an adjustment. But I am the absolute worst. If I did not wear my ring all the time, I would lose it. In fact, my fiance stopped buying me jewelry because I lose it ALL THE TIME. It's quite ridiculous how often I lose things. So I figure if it is on my finger all the time I on't lose it lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards