Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• @HaileyDancingbear I can't imagine a guy making sure his lady's nails are done before he proposed.
    *goes to propose*
    *Oh shit, her nail has one tiny chip, better postpone this*

Or even worse, if he said to her "Honey, maybe you should um.. Get your nails done". 
    Exactly! How the hell do girls, if they really want this, expect their guy to make it a surprise if they insist that their nails are done? Do they want their guys to check their schedules and see when was the last time they went to a nail salon?

Also....I can see these girls also getting upset if their guy even mentioned them needing to get their nails done. They probably wouldn't even think it was because he wanted to propose, they would blow up on him and get all tissy thinking their guy was calling their nails ugly or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jennja22 said:
    kasmith1 said:
    Someone asked what our theme was the other day, and I told them it was "Get married".
    They were not amused.
    I am reading this at work and I just want you to know that I spit my Sonic Happy-Hour coke ALL over my computer monitor at that.  
    @Jennja22 That made me laugh out loud too!!
  • CLI242009 said:
    @HaileyDancingbear I can't imagine a guy making sure his lady's nails are done before he proposed.
    *goes to propose*
    *Oh shit, her nail has one tiny chip, better postpone this*

Or even worse, if he said to her "Honey, maybe you should um.. Get your nails done". 
    Exactly! How the hell do girls, if they really want this, expect their guy to make it a surprise if they insist that their nails are done? Do they want their guys to check their schedules and see when was the last time they went to a nail salon?

Also....I can see these girls also getting upset if their guy even mentioned them needing to get their nails done. They probably wouldn't even think it was because he wanted to propose, they would blow up on him and get all tissy thinking their guy was calling their nails ugly or something.
    I do get where everyone is coming from on the nail thing but for me FI tried his damned to make sure that my nails were done. I'm huge nail girl and paint them a couple times a week, the day before he proposed he asked me if I was going to do my nails soon since they were chipped, I didn't listen and planned on doing them the next afternoon before we went away for the weekend but low and behold he proposed at lunch.
    I wish I would have done them that morning, painting nails after getting the shock of your life is no easy task. But thats just who I am, some girls have their hair, I have my nails and shoes.

• My nails and hands were covered in oil, dirt, and horse sweat when H proposed. We were in the middle of a joust show. I didn't care.
  • This gem reared it's ugly head again this afternoon, which leads me to believe plenty of women are pinning it. Ughhhhh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jennja22 said:
    kasmith1 said:
    Someone asked what our theme was the other day, and I told them it was "Get married".
    They were not amused.
    I am reading this at work and I just want you to know that I spit my Sonic Happy-Hour coke ALL over my computer monitor at that.  
    @Jennja22 That made me laugh out loud too!!
    Awww, shucks, I'm glad I could make someone laugh! :)
  • "Have someone around to take a picture"--- ok, while that's cool and all for the guy who can manage it, I just have to tell you.... I saw pictures from a chick who recreated the proposal just to have pictures. It was ghastly in it's fakeness.  And oh yeah, they were divorced in 3 years.  

My FI and I just grabbed a stranger in the park and asked them to take our picture maybe 10 minutes after he popped the question. We're glowing, it's cute, what's the big deal if "the exact moment" wasn't captured?

• Now trending on Pinterest
  • How about this RSVP that keeps floating around:

I'm all for snark, but your invitation is NOT the place. You just look rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What the heck kind of RSVP cards are those? Gross! It just looks stupid like you're taking the piss out of people and sending invites to people who are enemies just to get a laugh out of having them reply.
  • The unity sand trend. bleh.
  • The unity sand trend. bleh.

True Story...not a fan. Thought it was cool the first 3 times I saw it, now I am over it. For me I'm like...where the heck am I going to display that?
  • I like it in theory, since I totally get why people have to use sand instead of candles. But like you say, what in the world do you do with the sand afterwards?
    It would be cool to make it into an hourglass or something, but other than that...it's just a container of sand like those things kids make at the local fair.
  • Now trending on Pinterest

But it's on a chalkboard and so twee it must be OK!!

• The envelope thing - is that just a super tacky way of telling your guests "we expect you brought a gift - so, we are lazy, write your address here so we can send you a totally genuine thank you for said expected gift!" ????!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In all honesty the chalkboard address thing I thought was displayed at like another party (bridal shower or something) and they were trying to get guests to write their own addresses on invitations....that's how tacky my mind went haha.

MrsKleespies - the RSVP pic you posted. Not aimed at you but at the pic - W.T.F?!?!? That is NOT cute. Maybe for like your really closest friends would find this hilarious but I sure as hell wouldn't. Seeing that, I would come to the wedding (if I didn't have to travel far) and NOT bring a gift just out of spite. See how me being a smart ass is cute too? *enter sarcasm*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CLI242009 I know right? I don't think I'd be able to reply.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CLI242009 I know right? I don't think I'd be able to reply.  
    My first reaction would be to stare at the card blankly after reading it, this is so my brain can process the stupidity. Then after "W.T.F????" would be either the words i say or thought. Last I would probably say something to the couple (whoever I'm closest with) and be like "Yeah....got your invite...the RSVP cards.....is it suppose to be a joke?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate the idea that the groom is just an open wallet...
  • @topchefnotramen that "best engagement photo ever!" idea was probably brought along by the same crowd who firmly believes in the "6 rules to proposing to me!" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

There aren't enough expletives to describe my horror at that photo.

• I saw an idea of asking guests to write their address on an envelope... So that it saves you time writing thank you notes. That has to be one of the rudest things I've ever seen.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I saw an idea of asking guests to write their address on an envelope... So that it saves you time writing thank you notes. That has to be one of the rudest things I've ever seen.

I've never heard of someone doing that for a wedding. However in my area it is common at baby showers. It is a door prize thing. Everyone writes their address on an envelope and then the expecting mother picks one or two to get a prize.
    Yeah not cool. =(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the above poster that stylistic stuff doesn't bother me that much. What DOES drive me nuts on Pinterest, however is: 

- super young girls who have amassed thousands of ideas for their "future wedding" before they can even legally get married. I guess most of us thought about what we'd like "one day", but Pinterest enables all sorts of unhealthy obsessing.

-  pinning a ton of contrived "must have" pics.  I can't imagine the day of my wedding wanting to stand there for hours while the photographer precisely places one of our rings in the foreground so he can get us in the middle of it kissing in the background. *huge eye roll*

-  4+ carat rings with tags like "so simple and dainty! Some day ... " (generally pinned by the demographic in #1)

- lists of ridiculous bridesmaid duties. ("Have one of your bridesmaids carry a tray of bottled beer to the groomsmen before the ceremony!") Ain't no one got time for that 

-3D wedding "nail art" 

So many things make me ragey on Pinterest, but that's all I've got for now. 

OMG alllllll that^^^

I hate Mumford & Sons. When I hear that on the country station, it makes me want to call and scream at them :-/

The gun thing??!! Is the groom on horse back and the bride Pocahontas?! I'm country as hell, and even me and fh were like "WTF"!?!?    I could see every (probably uninvited) child grabbing one and going stupid with it.

mason jars are eh, to each their own. Burlap? Lace? gag...you wouldn't put satin on a potato before putting it in the oven, would you?!(some retard somewhere is going "OMG does it taste better?!")
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards