Military Brides

Ask a MB knottie anything?

I'm bored... and I won't be able to be on TK the next few days at work due to some meetings and visits, so let continue with the really interesting topics and ask each other questions? Yes? Ok... I will start.

Sami, How are you feeling right now in regards to your H being here very, very soon? Are you nervous? Excited? Scared? WHAT?!

Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?

• Cab: How is married life? Do you have anymore jams? I would love  a taste.... HAHA
  • Kara, since you guys spent so much time apart during your relationship, what sort of adjustments were you not expecting that you've had to make now that you're living together?  What's not as easy as you expected?  What's easier than you thought?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:2f29ce58-1d25-4375-aa84-3423897e54df">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cab: How is married life? Do you have anymore jams? I would love  a taste.... HAHA
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

Tee hee, I have 1 left, I will send it to you. PM Me your address...

As far as married life, it's, weird. Like, I love waking up with H everyday, but I am starting to notice little things that used to just kind of bother me, amplified. Like his horrible table manners :) I have been really nagging him about it lately, and feel like I need to stop. I love him regardless of being gross (HAHAAA!!!) and I need to get past that. Also, the whole living with his mom is bugging me hard, and I KNOW it's all in my head. I am trying to be strong, but it's gonna take some time for sure. With that all said, I really wouldn't trade what I have with him for anything. I will take all of the stuff I complain about to keep the good. I truly see why people say that it's hard to live with a S/O, and since I have never done this, I have always thought nothing would be different.

I know this all sounds bad, but I am truly happy, regardless. I have learned so much already about being a wife, it's a trip! I really look forward to when we are able to get out on our own and finally feel like newlyweds LOL!
  • To the married ladies: what's the biggest piece of advice you'd give a bride on her wedding day?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:2a65ef44-064b-4643-8b8f-a62fee076779">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To the married ladies: what's the biggest piece of advice you'd give a bride on her wedding day?
    Posted by Zimsgirl26[/QUOTE]

If anything bad happens day of, don't get stressed out or let it affect you in any way. Just have fun! My wedding day could have totally have been seen as a disaster for a lot of people, but I just didn't care and had a blast instead of focusing on all of the crappy stuff that happened. Also, it makes for GREAT memories ("Remember when my shoe broke as I was walking down the aisle? LOL!")

ETA: Here's a list of what went wrong-
    -It rained hard 30 min before, making the whole crew scramble to get the ceremony inside
    -I had to take pictures in the pouring rain, potentially messing up my hair, which gets VERY frizzy in the rain
    -I forgot to do my nails
    -Half of the desserts for the dessert table were left behind
    -Our PHOTOBOOTH was left behind
    -My shoe frickin broke.
    -The pastor marrying us kept calling me by H's name, and visa versa
    -Coffee was spilled on our wedding license, causing us to (NOW) have issues with getting our wedding certificate
    -About 20 people who RSVPed didn't show up

if I think of more, I will add to this. There was A LOT that happened! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:2a65ef44-064b-4643-8b8f-a62fee076779">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To the married ladies: what's the biggest piece of advice you'd give a bride on her wedding day?

<div>Eat and Pee!!! Beforehand </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:21d25279-8c02-4794-a6a2-63856e3cec0b">Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm bored... and I won't be able to be on TK the next few days at work due to some meetings and visits, so let continue with the really interesting topics and ask each other questions? Yes? Ok... I will start. Sami, How are you feeling right now in regards to your H being here very, very soon? Are you nervous? Excited? Scared? WHAT?!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

It's funny.  I was just talking to Kara about this last night! I'm really nervous because we've never lived together and even though for a while I won't be there 24/7 (just on the weekends till things get more concrete with his schedule and stuff) it'll still be an adjustment.  Also, I'm not sure why, but I'm having a hard time getting excited because in the back of my mind I'm waiting for something to happen and his return to be delayed or something.  Completely irrational I know.. because like he's PCSing.. I KNOW he's coming home, but I'm still just waiting for something to delay that.  There's also the chance that he'll check in and deploy shortly there after as his new unit is due for deployment.  Obviously we won't know for sure until he checks in, but I'd almost rather him go ahead and get it over with instead of just getting used to being together again and then him leaving.. KWIM?  I guess I'm just all to familiar with things changing at the last minute. Even when he was coming home for our wedding I didn't believe he was really coming home until I knew he was on the plane..

Sorry this turned into a novel.
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:170d4eee-045a-4d2e-8c21-0082d0871113">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara, since you guys spent so much time apart during your relationship, what sort of adjustments were you not expecting that you've had to make now that you're living together?  What's not as easy as you expected?  What's easier than you thought?
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>Love the siggy Cal!</div><div>
    </div><div>We had spent months together before so we didn't really expect anything, we were too excited to actually be together already! It has been an adjustment though. There are things that annoys us about each other and we've had a few bickerings(mainly because of me, I can be a bit bratty and H hates that. This is one of the things I've been working on). Seeing him almost everyday is so weird too since we are not used to it, but it's been fun. Although, sometimes I do like having the time to myself! ;) </div><div>
    </div><div>It's been weird cooking dinner almost everyday too! Haha I'll try to think of other things then add them on here.. It's been an adjustment, we are learning more about the other everyday, there's been some rough patches, but overall, it has been fun and I LOVE it. It's amazing being with H. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:2a65ef44-064b-4643-8b8f-a62fee076779">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:

Pee before you put your dress on! and Don't forget to eat.  Don't stress over little things going wrong.  Take a shot to calm your nerves if you need to, and if you want to be alone there's no shame in it.  At like 2pm on my wedding day, I told everyone to leave me alone.  I wanted to go and take a long bath, and take a nap.. which I did.  I didn't really get nervous at all.. I just tried to enjoy myself..
    Photobucket
  • Sami- I get where you are coming from.  H is coming home for R&R in a little while and I am excited but a little worried that the dates will change again and then I will have replan everything.  I am living the "will believe when I see him" plan right now.  I also am a little worried about when he gets home.  I know that we will be PCSing soon after that but won't know until later in the spring and all of this waiting is annoying me because I like to plan stuff however I know the military has there own time and not mine but still.  Ok Ramble over!
  • Cal & Sami, did you get your damn jams yet?

Lurkers, why are you lurking? Come talk to us!

Unless you're the K word... I didn't say it, but you just KNOW she's coming now that I kind of mentioned it. :/
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Cab: I PMed you. Wink

ETA: I get where you are coming from. H makes me nuts sometimes, and I'm sure I do the same to him! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:2a65ef44-064b-4643-8b8f-a62fee076779">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:

Enjoy every second and if something is not how you planned it is not a big deal since most likely nobody you will notice.  Well unless you trip down the aisle like I did.  The photographer got a picture of everyone at the front giggling and me too.  Or you could mess up a little on your vows.  I did.  HAA it made for a funny moment also caught on film.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:ebbb462c-dfd1-4672-9bc8-740999d84827">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cab: I PMed you.  ETA: I get where you are coming from. H makes me nuts sometimes, and I'm sure I do the same to him! 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

Got it ;)

ETA:
    Yeah, sometimes I feel like I have a husband AND a kid, but hey, I love both soooo I'm good HA HA! He's learning what it is to compromise, too, so I am glad that we are both learning things together. I'd say we're off to a pretty good start.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:20ec1ef1-a2b7-4bd6-ac7b-415935581ff6">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cal & Sami, did you get your damn jams yet? Lurkers, why are you lurking? Come talk to us! Unless you're the K word... I didn't say it, but you just KNOW she's coming now that I kind of mentioned it. :/

I haven't gotten it yet!  But don't get me started on the Miami Post Office... did you send it USPS?  Because I might never get it!

Okay, so... FI sold a bunch of law books on Amazon.com.  He wrapped them in brown paper, addressed them, and mailed them out.  They were going all around the country, right?  Okay.  So we ship off about 20 books... and over 10 of them are missing.  Some arrived as just the packaging, ripped open, but no book.  Some haven't arrived at all.  One had the packaging, no book, sent back to us.  The only place all of these packages were together was at the local post office - so SOMEONE there stole them!  Their answer?  You should have insured them.  Um, NO!  This isn't "whoops, it fell off the truck", this is someone maliciously cutting open packages and taking their contents.

So FI doesn't have time to deal with it all, but now Amazon has decided to refund the buyers their money.  Including the shipping.  So FI has now lost over $300 in books, and over $50 in shipping fees that he SPENT to ship books that never got there, yet Amazon is reimbursing the buyers their shipping money!  I mean, I get it, but geez....

So I'm going to have to go have a nice long chat, possibly followed by calling the police, with the Post Master General in Miami.

Can I leave yet?!?!?  This place is a genetic cess pool.

Anniversary

• I have a question. If you are not changing out of your wedding dress for the reception. Do you wear your dress to the hotel? Like when you're checking in and everything?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:bdd12f21-3b02-41f9-bd79-1cbde096ed13">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question. If you are not changing out of your wedding dress for the reception. Do you wear your dress to the hotel? Like when you're checking in and everything?
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

We're staying at a B&B the night of the rehearsal dinner & the wedding (and the night after).  So we will have already checked in.  But yes, I'm not bringing a single other thing to change into - I'm wearing my dress out of that B&B, and I'm wearing it right back there again!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:bdd12f21-3b02-41f9-bd79-1cbde096ed13">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question. If you are not changing out of your wedding dress for the reception. Do you wear your dress to the hotel? Like when you're checking in and everything?

You mean when the reception is over? I went home first, changed into a cute dress, and went to our hotel. We needed to p/u our luggage anyway, so it worked out fine. I didn't want to take my wedding dress to out honeymoon, ya know?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:4ff6c9fa-1844-4b4a-b551-ccceb2e1b03c">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a MB knottie anything? : I haven't gotten it yet!  But don't get me started on the Miami Post Office... did you send it USPS?  Because I might never get it! Okay, so... FI sold a bunch of law books on Amazon.com.  He wrapped them in brown paper, addressed them, and mailed them out.  They were going all around the country, right?  Okay.  So we ship off about 20 books... and over 10 of them are missing.  Some arrived as just the packaging, ripped open, but no book.  Some haven't arrived at all.  One had the packaging, no book, sent back to us.  The only place all of these packages were together was at the local post office - so SOMEONE there stole them!  Their answer?  You should have insured them.  Um, NO!  This isn't "whoops, it fell off the truck", this is someone maliciously cutting open packages and taking their contents. So FI doesn't have time to deal with it all, but now Amazon has decided to refund the buyers their money.  Including the shipping.  So FI has now lost over $300 in books, and over $50 in shipping fees that he SPENT to ship books that never got there, yet Amazon is reimbursing the buyers their shipping money!  I mean, I get it, but geez.... So I'm going to have to go have a nice long chat, possibly followed by calling the police, with the Post Master General in Miami. Can I leave yet?!?!?  This place is a genetic cess pool.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Oh goodness. I don't even know what to say about that. That is just gross and wrong. I'm so sorry that happened.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:bdd12f21-3b02-41f9-bd79-1cbde096ed13">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:

I got married in a hotel.. so Yes!! haha.. but we had sort of a DW so everyone was already checked in a stuff..KWIM?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:8f799bfb-d983-4630-8374-709870b9be59">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a MB knottie anything? : If anything bad happens day of, don't get stressed out or let it affect you in any way. Just have fun! My wedding day could have totally have been seen as a disaster for a lot of people, but I just didn't care and had a blast instead of focusing on all of the crappy stuff that happened. Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

I totally second this! OMG, the things that went wrong at my wedding were endless! Just a sample of my day: I had to get my hair done alone because my sister slept in, so in turn had to go get my make up done alone. My car key somehow fell off my key ring as I was getting out of my car, and I got locked out of my car at the mall (got make up done at a place there). So there I was, make up done, hair done, veil about to blow off in massive winds, by myself in a parking lot 45 minutes from my wedding venue. Finally got picked up and was almost 2 hours late for pictures, but I was the only one there, no photographer even!  So, yes, don't stress it and focus on the end result.

Oh, and make time to enjoy the reception - eat the food, drink the drinks and party it up. (I had a friend who's coordinator was so focused on the schedule, she didn't get to eat her dinner, have more than a taste of her cake at the cutting or dance with anyone that wasn't on the schedule.)
  • Tyleet: definitely check in before the wedding. It would be weird to.check in with a gown on. Lol. This is one of the reasons why we booked our room an extra day ahead, I slept there too. This wag I had a nice comfortable bed instead of at home with all our OOT visitors.
  • What's a DW? :)
  • Lets talk about this: I get really irrationally annoyed when brides say that Bare Minerals/MAC makes your wedding pictures look bad. Just so you bitches know (ha ha, I called you bitches,) it absolutely does NOT look bad. A good photographer knows that makeup powder (or the Talc in the powder you're wearing) reflects and bounces off of the flash, which is why lighting is so important to them, and also why they don't use much flash. /endrant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:f9875ba0-a023-4efb-9981-b3a6537c9d4a">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lets talk about this: I get really irrationally annoyed when brides say that Bare Minerals/MAC makes your wedding pictures look bad. Just so you bitches know (ha ha, I called you bitches,) it absolutely does NOT look bad. A good photographer knows that makeup powder (or the Talc in the powder you're wearing) reflects and bounces off of the flash, which is why lighting is so important to them, and also why they don't use much flash. /endrant.

Good to know! I have no knowledge on makeup. I only use powder and eyeliner (I live on the edge! haha).

I hope I can find a makeup artist that can make my skin look flawless and I want smokey eyes! :)
  • CAB- Funny that you mention this.  I let MIL talk me into getting my make up done like the day of by the spa at the hotel. Cut to this gem:

What an adorable make up line.. right?!
    Photobucket
  • My wedding is at 2 and most check in times are 2 or 3 :/ I'll probably be checking in with my gown on haha
  • Duhhh Ty... I have hookups. You're gonna need to PM me for some contacts.
    (and let me know what you're looking for, price wise too.)
    **TK GODS, I AM NOT OFFERING A SERVICE. I AM SIMPLY LETTING TY KNOW THAT I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE. CALM YOUR TITS.**

LOL Sami! It could have been blended better, but it's not like it looks like this
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ask-mb-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a5262355-2c2d-4b61-aab4-1abffc38db21Post:449b619f-ed78-46ee-9c11-74f2076e255c">Re: Ask a MB knottie anything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duhhh Ty... I have hookups. You're gonna need to PM me for some contacts. (and let me know what you're looking for, price wise too.) **TK GODS, I AM NOT OFFERING A SERVICE. I AM SIMPLY LETTING TY KNOW THAT I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE. CALM YOUR TITS.** LOL Sami! It could have been blended better, but it's not like it looks like this

You crack me up!  Calm your tits.... bahahahah!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards