Getting in Shape

Nutri-system- anyone use?

Hi!  I wanted to know if anyone tried it?  Any good results?  I think I need the meal-replacement for a while....

Re: Nutri-system- anyone use?

• don't waste your money on this stuff. too much sodium and you can do it,Get a partner, someone you can be accountale to and just eat smaller meals. Don't starve yourself but don't waste $400 on packaged food.
  • Its $190 for 4 weeks through QVC for the summer sizzler package, with wknds off....  Actually on Diet MD it got good rating for low sodium and nutrients... Better than Jenny Craig... anyone use?
  • QVC can sell ice to eskiomos. Watch out. I have to monitor myself on there;) lol
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Regardless of whether they rated it lower in sodium than jenny craig or not, its still higher in sodium that fresh whole foods. Prepackaged ANYTHING is going to be higher in sodium. What you need to learn is portion sizes and learn how to count calories, it is the same concept but they are doing it for you and you learn nothing by eating what they have prepared and once you finish you will not know how to properly structure your own meals. Why not save the money, learn how to do that on your own, and have a lifetime of good health?
  • I haven't used it, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.  Considering I just went to the gym and then straight to take-out from a Thai place, I'm thinking that could be a good idea.  I have issues with just eating whatever tastes good and is convenient.  Let me know if you do end up doing it.
  • lizr- Just ordered it.  I need the jumpstart and the not thinking about what Im preparing...its crunch time. I know normal food is better, will get there.. but I need this now...
    Here's the link- http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A00189.desc.Nutrisystem-Summer-Sizzle-4-Week-Program-with-Weekends-Off
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    *sigh* go figure. 4 months is NOT "crunch time", 4 months is more than enough time to learn how to eat properly, implement a workout regimen and lose weight without pumping your body full of sodium and preservatives. You just want an easy out.
  • Thanks for everyone's encouragement and support!  Good luck to all on however you "Get in Shape!"Wink
  • Your decision was made before you posted this. What can we do?
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_nutri-system-anyone-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7f0a39ba-2315-48ce-be49-cd9218e51b54Post:825f4ca0-f9c7-402e-9142-bfc913c2a3b4">Re: Nutri-system- anyone use?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your decision was made before you posted this. What can we do?
    Posted by FutureMsAlexander[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  What was the point in asking for opinions if you were really just looking for validation?

Most people who lost weight on systems like this end up gaining it all back.  Because they don't teach you how to feed yourself.  Gaining back all the weight you've lost is heartbreaking.  Been there, done that.  The best possible advice I can give is to put in the hard work now to save yourself from the yo-yo-ing that comes with fad diets like this. So no, I'm not going to 100% support anything that works for someone in the short-term like this.

OP, I do wish you the best of luck.  I hope you end up being the exception rather than the rule in this case.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_nutri-system-anyone-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7f0a39ba-2315-48ce-be49-cd9218e51b54Post:91de4381-acc6-48b8-9a24-1b45fd282ce6">Re: Nutri-system- anyone use?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I'm talking a wall here.  I get the concepts, I don't need to lose weight, I'm not saying Nutri-system is a perfect solution.  I AM saying that it might work for the OP and <strong>we should be encouraging whatever works for people</strong>, not condemning them for using something we wouldn't personally use. Everybody gets judged daily in the real world, I don't think it's necessary to have it spill over into a forum.
    Posted by lizr7313[/QUOTE]

Soooo, we should be supporting an extreme calorie reduced diet because you <em>can</em> lose weight that way?

Systems like this are essentially promoting yo-yo dieting, which is incredibly bad for your body.  When you don't couple exercise (strength/weight training specifically) with weight loss, you lose muclse right along side fat.  Then, when you stop eating the astronaut food and you gain the weight again, it's just fat.  With each cycle of the yo-yo you are decreasing your lean muslce mass.

So, have fun with your wasted money and your increased risks of heart disease!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_nutri-system-anyone-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7f0a39ba-2315-48ce-be49-cd9218e51b54Post:c28286fc-105b-4069-b088-d9498548b9cc">Re: Nutri-system- anyone use?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guess I always have my back up plan to be a stand-up comedian if all else fails ;) I support the use of whatever works for an individual, assuming it is within the realm of reasonable.  I don't think Nutri-system should be grouped into a class including cleanses and pills.  Posters should feel comfortable asking about a specific product <strong>without hearing the same spiel that's all over the rest of this board that it won't work</strong>. If somebody thinks this is a good solution for them, why feel the need to jump all over it? As much fun as this is, I'm going to bed. Good luck Reilly, I really hope you succeed in your weight-loss goals ... however you choose to do it
    Posted by lizr7313[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying that we shouldn't tell the truth? The reason this "spiel" gets repeated so often is because people come here constantly asking about ridiculous diets/products/systems/cleanses/whatever that are not only ineffective, but can have adverse health consequences. The ladies on this board are knowledgeable about the CORRECT, HEALTHY ways to lose weight. It would irresponsible of them not to share this knowledge with others.
    Anniversary
  • I did Jenny Craig last year and on their forum a lot of people were talking about how they switched from nutri system to Jenny because the food was horrible. Also my Best friend did nutri system before her wedding last year and only lasted 1 week before giving up.

So I wouldn't recomend it based on that. I agree with the others that eating healthy foods, even if you are busy is the way to go. In my opinion it takes just as long to throw together a quick salad as it does to nuke a nutrisystem meal. Grabbing fresh fruit is actually quicker. And eating out is way easier when you are not on some silly pre-packaged food program. Just food for thought.....
    Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
  • I am late to the party, but seriously why did you post on here if you were just gonna order this stuff anyways. I can understand buying a lean cuisine or two in the beginning of a diet or having one of these meals when you are literally on the run, but eating that for 4 months = EW! I mean its not that hard to eat a good healthy meal that you made yourself.

For breakfast I eat optimum cranberry & ginger oatmeal (all you do is add water), whole wheat english muffin w/apple cranberry butter on top & a banana

For lunch I have a mini whole wheat bagel with a little PB on it, a hard boiled egg, orange, string cheese

snack: granola bar

For dinner we will either grill chicken & veggies, make homemade whole wheat pizza with veggies, homemade sushi, taco salad with veggies & black beans, & the list goes on....

All this requires is buying healthy foods & putting a little thought & effort into your diet. You are just going to gain all that weight back once you realize you can't live on frozen food forever. Also summer is coming so many fresh veggies & fruit you are passing up for this crap? C'mon! 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_nutri-system-anyone-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7f0a39ba-2315-48ce-be49-cd9218e51b54Post:0f1cd46e-1c69-4582-a774-c16656941cae">Re: Nutri-system- anyone use?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am late to the party, but seriously why did you post on here if you were just gonna order this stuff anyways C'mon! 
    Posted by tinydancer842[/QUOTE]

she wanted someone who has done this for their pre wedding weight loss to agree with her. I think she should take it to the Nutri-system board. They will be great encourages there for her.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards