Illinois-Chicago

Good bridal stores for dresses?

I keep reading awful reviews on House of Brides and Eva's Bridal and basically any bridal store. Does anyone in the Chicago area (North/Northwest suburbs) have any recommendations? I know what kind of dresses I'm looking for, so I wouldn't need so much consultation. Just don't want my dress getting to me 3 weeks before the wedding or being ripped off for alterations...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Funny Awkward animated GIF

Re: Good bridal stores for dresses?

• There are several stores that are often recommended by the Chicago area brides.  My daughter had a very good experience with Kathryn's bridal in McHenry.  Many brides also recommend Volle's in Lake Zurich or A L'Amour or Wedding Belles in Barrington.  The Crystal Bride in Geneva and Brides by Demetrios in Schaumburg are also often mentioned.
  • Loved Crystal Bride in Geneva. It's a drive, but it was so worth it!
    Vacation
  • @jsquared62009 - I'm kinda near Geneva, and I've heard good things so far. Thanks!

@mobkaz - I really want to try Brides by Demetrios. They have a good selection and I normally pass it when I go to that area.
  • Did you check the closed posts at the top of this board?  There are two.......Married Knottie Bio's and Vendor Spreadsheet.  Many brides wrote extensive reviews on all their wedding related vendors, including bridal shops.  Some of the information may be a bit outdated, but it might give you some ideas/vibes for the shops.
  • Avoid Eva's like the plaque..they are awful and have screwed a ton of people over.

Volle's Bridal in Lake Zurich is very respectful and helpful
  • Bella Bianca in Oak Brook is amazing! I would recommend them!
  • @adiamond1019 I work right down the street from there! I always pass by it, and it looks nice from the outside. Always wondered about that place.
  • I went to eight stores and Volle's was by far the best (and where I bought mine). Honest employees, helpful and respectful in changing into dresses, and great alterations. My only issue was your appointment tended to start late from previous ones running over.
  • I actually got my dress at Macy's on State Street. Their bridal salon is great. I also like Bridals 832 but felt rushed (though be very careful with fabric quality there... not everything is great).  With Macy's, there were tons of dresses in my budget ($1600 or under), and the staff was great and there was tons of space and privacy.

My understanding with Eva's, is that there are two. Eva's on LaGrange Rd. is the good one, and the other is the one that screws up the reputation of both (they are not affiliated).
  • Bella Bianca in Oak Brook is amazing! I would recommend them!

Yup. This is where I found my dress, on the first day of shopping
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Martellens in Lombard was amazing. I went in on a Friday and was the only bride. Obviously Saturday's are a bit busier, but MaryEllen, the ower is great about giving brides personal attention.
  • @KatWAG is that store a discount store? I keep looking for stores with discounts. I found Veiled by Cha Cha in Glen Ellyn, but I was wondering if there were more in the entire, too. 
  • No its not. the only discount store I know if is Weddings 826 in Lincoln Park. Glamour closet is also an option but I have never been there, so I cant speak to quality ot selection.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards