Getting in Shape

found a healthy snack that's absolutely delectable!

My friend told me about these and now I'm frigen hooked. They are called Dole Dippers (dole the pineapple company). They are at Walmart in the frozen section near smoothies packets. It's strawberries and bananas sliced and covered in dark chocolate. The box comes with 6 portioned packets and each only has 60 calories....mmmm so good! :) 

Re: found a healthy snack that's absolutely delectable!

• Thanks for the tip!!  I will have to check these out =)  I am sure they would be easy to make at home too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those sound delicious but I wouldn't exactly call it a "healthy" snack option.  People tend to think that because something is low in calories, it is "healthy"-but I guess it's all how you define healthy.  I'd say that this sounds like a great alternative to a typical dessert or to satisfy a sweet tooth rather than something that's going to hold you over between meals (since they are mostly just sugar and basically zero in protein).  That being said, I WILL go out and get these to satisfy that sweet tooth of mine!
  • True it's not exactly as "healthy" as just sitting there eating steamed broccoli but those who need a litte chocolate after dinner it's a pretty good alernative to much else. The fruit inside is just as good for you as fresh and the dark cholcoate makes it a lot healtheir than milk chocolate.  I likethe portioning because othewise I'd have way too many hahah

• jenna8984 said:
    True it's not exactly as "healthy" as just sitting there eating steamed broccoli but those who need a litte chocolate after dinner it's a pretty good alernative to much else. The fruit inside is just as good for you as fresh and the dark cholcoate makes it a lot healtheir than milk chocolate.  I likethe portioning because othewise I'd have way too many hahah
    Dark chocolate is also a "brain health" food, so your memory will be stronger when you eat it.  So in that way it's healthy.
  • jenna8984 said:
    True it's not exactly as "healthy" as just sitting there eating steamed broccoli but those who need a litte chocolate after dinner it's a pretty good alernative to much else. The fruit inside is just as good for you as fresh and the dark cholcoate makes it a lot healtheir than milk chocolate.  I likethe portioning because othewise I'd have way too many hahah
    Dark chocolate is also a "brain health" food, so your memory will be stronger when you eat it.  So in that way it's healthy.
    "Will" in that if I eat dark chocolate, I WILL have a stronger memory?  I don't think so.  I think there is some positive correlation with memory and dark chocolate, but to say that you WILL have a stronger memory by eating dark chocolate is a bit far fetched.  In fact, a Harvard study noted that findings were PROMISING, not that there was a 100 percent absolute correlation.  Just saying.
  • They sound yummy - and healthier than the 100 calorie packs of cookies and such!  I will have to try to remember to look for these!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards