Chit Chat

Sleep-screaming?

I was sitting in the living room a few minutes ago reading the drama thread, Fi has been asleep in the bedroom for about half an hr.  Then, loud and very clear, I hear Fi yelling: "Shut up, you stupids!  Shut the hell up!"

I went in there and sure enough, he was yelling at the top of his lungs.... while asleep.  It was disconcerting to say the least.

Personally, I've never been a very good sleeper, and it's even worse lately.  My college roommate loves to tell sleepwalking stories about me.

Anybody else have a sleepwalker/talker/screamer on their hands?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Sleep-screaming?

• I talk in my sleep.  You can have full conversations with me if you get a good one.  

DH does as well, when he's falling asleep, but not quite there.  He asks me if I've finished the presentation yet, or if I've put the thing in the box (but he can't identify the thing).  He then tells me he awake, swears up and down that he's awake and I should stop making fun of him, but can't remember that in the morning either.  

He also starts in Spanish, his native language, which I can't answer much back in.  He then gets confused with my lack of answering and switches to French (his 2nd language).  I can answer him very well there, but then he gets confused again and finally switches to English.  It's pretty funny.  We have the longest conversations in English

• BF talks in his sleep. Claims he's awake. Must be to some degree because I haven't gotten personal and/or incriminating information out of him yet.
  • Sometimes, my partner wakes up from a nightmare screaming or shouting. It's not as frequent as he warned me it would be.

Unfortunately, when I'm half-awake/half-asleep, I very occasionally think there's someone else in the room. When I'm in the process of falling asleep, it just makes me gasp and wake up completely, but twice in the past year, I've woken up, thought there was someone in the room, and legit screamed my partner awake.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    Sometimes, my partner wakes up from a nightmare screaming or shouting. It's not as frequent as he warned me it would be.

Unfortunately, when I'm half-awake/half-asleep, I very occasionally think there's someone else in the room. When I'm in the process of falling asleep, it just makes me gasp and wake up completely, but twice in the past year, I've woken up, thought there was someone in the room, and legit screamed my partner awake.
    Ooooh scary.  I'm still sitting awake in my dark house.... thanks for that. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• phira said:
    Sometimes, my partner wakes up from a nightmare screaming or shouting. It's not as frequent as he warned me it would be.

Ooooh scary.  I'm still sitting awake in my dark house.... thanks for that. ;)
    Sorry! If it helps at all, we think it's because we have lightblock curtains and I'm not used to sleeping in a room with almost no ambient light. I also have The Worst Vision ever, so when the room is really dark, my fuzzy vision makes everything more menacing.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I suffer from night terrors, and warned FI when I stayed over the first time. He says I've only had a handful in the almost 2 years we've been together, but yes, I scream, cry, talk, kick etc in my sleep.

Apparently I also sing in my sleep, according to a friend's GF whose room I had to share on an overnight trip.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I apparently not only talk in my sleep, I can be counted on to give historically accurate discourses on various topics.

I woke DH up once when we were dating by shouting 'Agincourt! Agincourt! The battle! The French! Henry's archers! They won!' And then mumbling about the battle and the archers and the long bows and BF was SERIOUSLY confused.

He though I was awake, and kept trying to talk to me and ask questions, which I answered, until I fell back into a deep sleep, at which point BF thought I was ignoring him, and he shook me awake and was like, 'and then what happened?' I said, 'What happened to what?'

We spent a good half-hour re-capping what I had told him while I was asleep so he could find out how the battle ended.

(The English won).
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • H talks in his sleep on occasion but it's pretty rare.  I haven't heard him in months, and I can't remember anything he's ever said.
  • I'm the talker in this relationship. I say some crazy things in my sleep. FI whacks me in my sleep. I get elbowed in the eye, kicked, arm in my face, head butted etc. It was so bad when he had to share a bed with his brother in Nov in a hotel, his brother opted to sleep on the floor than be hit by him. lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm the sleep talker. It's not all the time but it's been going on since I was a kid. In college my roommate used to hear me mumbling in my sleep all the time and said it scared the shit out of her the first couple of times that she heard it. It gets really bad when when my stress level gets high. I've been known to wake myself up because I've been talking so loudly. Before I started the job I have now, I was working two jobs and constantly stressed out and talking in my sleep on almost a nightly basis. FI got used to it quickly and stopped asking me "what" when he heard me talking in the middle of the night. The talking has stopped now that I only have one job but we're buying a house AND trying to plan a wedding at the same time. My stress level is creeping back up again so I have a feeling the talking is going to start again with a vengeance.
  • I talk in my sleep, but mostly just nonsense/gibberish.  Every so often I'll scream in my sleep and FI will wake me up asking what's wrong and I'll have absolutely no idea what he's talking about.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • This is creepy stuff! FI used to sleepwalk as a kid. So as he got older, it turned into talking in his sleep. I remember in college he would just start talking about random shit in the middle of the night and creep  the hell out of me. One really creepy time  in the dorms, I was staying over his room, and he and his roommate were both talking in their sleep at the same time! He doesn't do it as much, but a few nights ago he nudged me awake and I was all cranky  like "WHAT", and he asked "What did you say?" I responded "Nothing, go to sleep." The next morning he told me that he heard me say something. And when he woke up it was really dark and he thought he saw me sitting up in bed just stroking my lip looking at him. So that's when he nudged me awake lol.

I also get night terrors, in which I have these horrible premonitions in my sleep and I can't move, scream, nothing, I am essentially paralyzed in my sleep. Sometimes I moan trying to wake up. I wake up gasping in terror, but not loud enough to wake FI up. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Whoa, scary!  I frequently have dreams that something happened and Fi is dead, sometimes it's my parents but mostly him.  I'll wake up crying and stuff.  Not fun.

I still sleepwalk occasionally.  Just a couple of months ago, I realized I must have been sleepwalking because I went to bed in the bedroom, and then woke up on the couch.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I just remembered that I've sleptwalked at least once in my life. I came home from a party around 1 am, got into my bed and the next morning woke up on the couch. I got really freaked out for a second as to how I got there and then scurried back upstairs and into my bed.
  • I apparently not only talk in my sleep, I can be counted on to give historically accurate discourses on various topics. I woke DH up once when we were dating by shouting 'Agincourt! Agincourt! The battle! The French! Henry's archers! They won!' And then mumbling about the battle and the archers and the long bows and BF was SERIOUSLY confused. He though I was awake, and kept trying to talk to me and ask questions, which I answered, until I fell back into a deep sleep, at which point BF thought I was ignoring him, and he shook me awake and was like, 'and then what happened?' I said, 'What happened to what?' We spent a good half-hour re-capping what I had told him while I was asleep so he could find out how the battle ended. (The English won).

Well then, I am in for a history lesson when you come to stay now aren't I?
    Anniversary
  • I apparently not only talk in my sleep, I can be counted on to give historically accurate discourses on various topics. I woke DH up once when we were dating by shouting 'Agincourt! Agincourt! The battle! The French! Henry's archers! They won!' And then mumbling about the battle and the archers and the long bows and BF was SERIOUSLY confused. He though I was awake, and kept trying to talk to me and ask questions, which I answered, until I fell back into a deep sleep, at which point BF thought I was ignoring him, and he shook me awake and was like, 'and then what happened?' I said, 'What happened to what?' We spent a good half-hour re-capping what I had told him while I was asleep so he could find out how the battle ended. (The English won).

Well then, I am in for a history lesson when you come to stay now aren't I?
    Anniversary
  • My college roommate said I talked and yelled in my sleep so she would throw stuffed animals at me just to jar me out of it (yes shehad stuffed animals in college). One time she nailed me right in the face with the hard button nose and I woke up with a fat lip hahaha

I really want FI to record me one night because he swears that I make sexual moaning noises in my sleep. Which is so weird because I'm not a "moaner" and I don't ever have sex dreams LOL

• jenna8984 said:

My college roommate said I talked and yelled in my sleep so she would throw stuffed animals at me just to jar me out of it (yes shehad stuffed animals in college). One time she nailed me right in the face with the hard button nose and I woke up with a fat lip hahaha

I really want FI to record me one night because he swears that I make sexual moaning noises in my sleep. Which is so weird because I'm not a "moaner" and I don't ever have sex dreams LOL

22 years old, still keep stuffed animals...keeping it classy thanks
    Anniversary
  • I talk in my sleep and am actually pretty responsive. FI knows I'm sleeping, but amuses himself by having full on conversations with me especially since my answers can be a little off the wall apparently. The other night I started talking and he asked me what I needed him to do and I yelled that he needed to finish putting the mayo back in the dresser. I woke p to him laughing. 
  • When FI and first started dating he warned me that he talks in his sleep.  I've lived with him for 4-1/2 year now and haven't heard it once.  So, he may have stopped now.  A few months ago he did wake up crying though because he had a dream that I broke up with him. :(

• urbaneca said:
    I suffer from night terrors, and warned FI when I stayed over the first time. He says I've only had a handful in the almost 2 years we've been together, but yes, I scream, cry, talk, kick etc in my sleep.

Apparently I also sing in my sleep, according to a friend's GF whose room I had to share on an overnight trip.

I also suffer from night terrors and sleep paralysis. It's terrible. It usually only happens when I'm under a tremendous amount of stress. It will happen for a few weeks almost every night and then one day it just stops. My poor DH knows when I'm having them and tries to wake me up.  

I also just randomly talk in my sleep as well.

My DH has spoken in his sleep, but maybe only a handful of times in the 7.5 years we've been together.

• pinkcow13 said:
    This is creepy stuff! FI used to sleepwalk as a kid. So as he got older, it turned into talking in his sleep. I remember in college he would just start talking about random shit in the middle of the night and creep  the hell out of me. One really creepy time  in the dorms, I was staying over his room, and he and his roommate were both talking in their sleep at the same time! He doesn't do it as much, but a few nights ago he nudged me awake and I was all cranky  like "WHAT", and he asked "What did you say?" I responded "Nothing, go to sleep." The next morning he told me that he heard me say something. And when he woke up it was really dark and he thought he saw me sitting up in bed just stroking my lip looking at him. So that's when he nudged me awake lol.

I also get night terrors, in which I have these horrible premonitions in my sleep and I can't move, scream, nothing, I am essentially paralyzed in my sleep. Sometimes I moan trying to wake up. I wake up gasping in terror, but not loud enough to wake FI up. 
    That's really weird. My old college roommate would sleep sit up and play with her soccer ball while sitting on her bed. She'd toss is back and forth. It seriously looked like she was possessed. Needless to say, my ex-bf used to sleep in my room a lot when her and I were roommates.
  • ckel24 said:
    I just remembered that I've sleptwalked at least once in my life. I came home from a party around 1 am, got into my bed and the next morning woke up on the couch. I got really freaked out for a second as to how I got there and then scurried back upstairs and into my bed.
    My FI sleep walks pretty often. If I look over and his body is missing in my bed, I just assume now he's asleep on the couch and he'll be back eventually lol
  • Apparently I'll talk in my sleep every now and again, usually in the mornings. One time FI said I was saying "Stop, stop the download...it's my brain!" or something of the sort. He told me he thinks I'm a government project now. Hahaha

Other times I'll answer questions I think I've heard but FI says he never says anything. So answering phantom questions is also a bit creepy. But I swear I hear them being asked!
    Anniversary
  • H talks in his sleep. Usually he is talking nonsense, but occasionally he is cussing someone out. This morning it was "would you just fucking go already?"

When we were first dating, he was snoring so I nudged him, and he rolled over while muttering that I was a bitch. He better have been dreaming then...
  • My husband can do just about anything in his sleep. If he can do it awake, he can do it asleep. He even eats in his sleep. Then he'll wake up in the morning and the ice cream (or whatever) is half gone and nobody else has eaten it. And I point out that he got up in the middle of the night and he doesn't remember. And him talking in his sleep is hilarious.
  • Neither H and I talk in our sleep now, but as a child I used to sign nursery rhymes but I would only say every 4th word. I also had very vivid night terrors that only my mom could calm me down from, if my dad tried to help I would freak out even more. One time I jumped off my bed and ran down the stairs to avoid him. I'm so thankful I stopped experiencing that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I suffer from sleep paralysis every so often. I have only had one or two incidents since I have lived with FI. It usually hits during very intense nightmares.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • amakayebamakayeb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    My fiance talks in his sleep, and I can have a full-on conversation with him that is usually quite entertaining. Sometimes when I tell him about it in the morning, he'll remember a certain dream that explains (sort of) his line of thinking.

ETA: Oh, and just the other night, he very loudly and clearly 'answered the phone' at his old job. That made me chuckle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards