Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Advice: Photographer won't return phone calls

So I am at a loss of what to do right now, or what I should do next. When I first booked my photographer, there were no bad reviews. When I randomly checked her website six months down the line, it was down, so I googled her business and found several negative reviews. The reviews were about how she became a ghost after the wedding and how they were still seeking their photos three months after their wedding. Some ended up receiving their photographs and others have not (or just not have updated their review). I had already given my 50% deposit, so I screwed myself there since I couldn't leave. I spoke to her about an estimated time of receiving photographs and she said that because she was taking only a few weddings a month, the turn-around was much faster. Unfortunately, I did not get any time line of photographs in the wedding contract. We got married 11/08/13, and she was very responsive up until 30 days after the wedding. Because my husband was deploying before the end of 2013, she and I discussed the delivery of pictures before Christmas. Needless to say, I am without photographs and have been trying to get a hold of her for the past 2 weeks via phone calls, emails, and Facebook, but haven't gotten any type of response. I am worried with the lack of communication I am going to fall into the same situation as the negative reviewers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated on steps I should take if the lack of communication continues.

Re: Advice: Photographer won't return phone calls

• Tell her you want the raw unedited photos. Did you get the digital rights or are you supposed to get prints? Did you already pay her the other half? You might need to consider getting a lawyer. But you light end up getting your money back and no photos. Sorry, it's really awful. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thank you so much for your response. I am suppose to get the digital rights to the photographs. Unfortunately, I had to pay her the other half two weeks prior to the wedding, so now I'm putty in her hands for getting those images to me. I have an appointment for legal assistance, and I'm hoping that will help her along if she needs that kind of motivation. I also contacted the assistant, who owns her own photography business, and asked for her help. Her response seems hopeful, but I'm trying to not get carried away since I still haven't heard from the photographer as of yet. I'm going to try and call the photographer tomorrow and see if she'll pick up or what not.

Again, thank you so much for your response.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards