Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Dietary Restrictions

With dietary restrictions becoming more common, I'm wondering how to go about handling them during our wedding dinner.  A few girls in my BP have restrictions and normally they would just eat whatever part of a meal they are able to.  Our venue has indicated that they are able to accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions (ie. celiac, vegan, vegetarian, etc). Seeing how the venue is able to provide appropriate meals for such restrictions, should I include a line on the RSVP card to indicate dietary needs or is there another way to get this information from our guests?  I would like them to be able to enjoy their entire meal rather than just pick at the parts that work for them.

TIA :)

Re: Dietary Restrictions

• You could easily make a wedding website. Guests can visit the website and you can include a blurb about contacting you about any dietary restrictions so that a meal can be prepared accordingly. 
  • I think putting a line on the RSVP for people's dietary restrictions is a good idea.  Example:
  • If the caterer is willing to make swaps a simple line on the rsp card would work out just fine.  ou could aso add the information to your website, but that dosen't make it as easy to tell you as the rsvp card would.
  • I put a line on our RSVP card to "Please email ****@gmail.com with any food allergies/sensitivities."  Most people just wrote on the card if they needed something special.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I just put a small line on the bottom of my rsvp card that was like this

**Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, we will do our best to accomodate them.

I already knew that one of my nephews was allergic to chicken, but we were doing family style so it was going to be easy for him to pass on the chicken and just take more roast beef. I also knew in advance that one of my BM is a vegetarian so I emailed her what her dinner options were that would work for her & let her pick so I knew she would get something she liked. I also found out in the process that one of my nieces can only eat seafood, so again I just emailed her food options & let her pick. The menu options I sent to the BM & then my niece after I found out about her restrictions were based on what menu items the venue provided that wouldn't cost me extra. Like for my niece, I could have let her have lobster tail, but I would have had to pay a higher price then for her meal. There were at least 5 seafood entrees that would allowed me to keep the same per person price, so those were the options I gave her. I also let the venue know what tables & the names of the people who were getting the special meals to help the venue make sure that my guest got their proper dinner. It went very smoothly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards