Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party Dresses?

sweethrt06sweethrt06 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
edited January 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties
My engagement party is next month and I need to find a dress.  Should it be white?  Anyone have any websites for dresses they can recommend?  We're just having it at my in-laws house...I think.

I love this dress but I don't know if I want to wait and wear it to my bachelorette party or bridal shower.

Re: Engagement Party Dresses?

• My daughter and FDIL both wore white to their engagement parties.  That dress is a little to "clubby" for my tastes.  It is pretty, but does not suit the occasion. Have you tried White House Black Market?
  • I agree with PDKH and Lauderdale. I do not think that dress is appropriate for an engagement party, As far as wearing white, I personally find it annoying when the bride wears white to the wedding events other than the wedding. It seems cliche and forced to me. Look! I'm the bride and I'm wearing white! Yawn. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @Addie, I never thought about it that way, you make a good point in an entertaining, non-judgemental way.  Hope to read more of your posts in the future.
  • I have to agree that the dress you posted is way to clubby for an e-party with the family.  I also get a little eye-ball rolly if the bride wears white to every pre-wedding event
  • You don't have to wear white to every wedding-related occasion.

I also agree that this particular dress seems too clubby for a family event.
  • I personally am going to take every opportunity to wear my wedding colors to these types of events(grape and lavender) since I won't get to on the day-of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards