Luxury Weddings
Options

Did I miss anything major?

Hi ladies, I am officially under the 1 year now! I'm one of those goofy 12-13-14 brides. We had a huge planning rush to get everything set for such a popular date in a major city. But I am hoping we now have our major items ticked off. Could you ladies take a look and help me if anything big is missing? 

-Venue booked
-Event Design Company booked (handles all the decor including flowers and will coordinate with caterer over tables/seating/china)
-Caterer booked
-Photographer booked
-DJ booked
-Wedding Dress is ordered
-Wedding Party has been asked

-We also have our invites selected but not ordered obviously since it's early. 
-We know who we are working with to do our dessert table but have to do contracts. 
-We aren't sending any save the dates so that doesn't need to go on a check list. I know it's kind of good practice but because of what my fiance does for his job, it's hard to do a big set guest list that far out. So in the spring we're going to do our engagement pictures and send announcement style cards out. Family and very close friends will get a handwritten note that includes the wedding date. 

Is there any else big that I need to worry about now? I'm hoping to get a couple months off of the heavy planning. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Did I miss anything major?

• Options
    It looks like you have the major stuff done.  If you are thinking about getting a DOC you might want to start asking around now since you have a popular date.  We also booked our officiant about 9 months out.  If you think you are picky about hair and makeup, you should start looking for artists now as well--you will want to a trial first and the best ones book up far in advance.
  • Options

You should go bridal party dress shopping soon. This way if you don't find something on the first trip out you still have time plus depending on where they order dresses from, it may take a few months.

Other times

-Transporation

-Hotel rooms

-Start thinking honeymoon plans

-Hair stylist/make up, to either come to you or to book at salon

• Options
    How about your rehearsal dinner? Picked a place yet?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Matt's father is marrying us so officiant is checked. I have hair and makeup selected. My normal stylist is traveling up for the day for me. We are starting to shop for bridesmaids dresses soon. I only have one so she can pick anything.

I'll work on transportation. I also need to check how far out I can block hotels. 

Im not sure if we will do a rehearsal dinner. or just a big family night. But I need to think about it so we can book something. Matt wants to use the bar he's opening for our after party so maybe I can find something more adventurous to do the night before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards