Chit Chat

This probably sounds crazy...

But you know when you have a pair of boots with a worn down heel? And when that heel is worn down to the metal? And you know how that metal heel sounds when it's being stomped across a tile floor all freaking day?

I'm about to tell my assistant to take her damn boots off. 

Re: This probably sounds crazy...

• I have to admit I'm guilty of this my favorite boots are like that, but I still wear then and spend all day walking on my tip toes unless I'm on carpet!
  • Obnoxious! 

Tell her to go get them fixed or to buy some new boots!
  • *cringe* That'd wear on my nerves after awhile, I hate that sound!

• It's driving me crazy. And we have zero carpet here. It's all tile. 
  • Omg -- I feel for you.

I'd give her money out of my wallet to go get them re-tipped.

• I am sad because my favorite pair of black pumps is like that! :( I can't wear them!
    Anniversary
  • I am sad because my favorite pair of black pumps is like that! :( I can't wear them!
    You can probably get them repaired :-) 
  • I hate that noise! Like nails on a chalkboard.
  • Give her the name of a shoe repair place.   They can be fixed in a day or less.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    You can probably get them repaired :-) 
    Oh I know I can. I have had several pairs repaired because I stand 5'1" and heels are my FAVORITE and I wear them out...its just finding the time and making it a priority to do it.
    Anniversary
  • I have also bought those little tips in a box at Target!  You just pry out the old one with pliers and tap in the new one with a hammer.  Presto change-o, fixed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I have also bought those little tips in a box at Target!  You just pry out the old one with pliers and tap in the new one with a hammer.  Presto change-o, fixed.
    This, exactly.

• Uggg!!!! It is so bad for your boots/shoes to be worn past the nail in the heel as that can cause issues with getting the lift replaced (depending on how worn down they are you can't replace them!). I have a couple pairs of boots I wear all the time and have gotten the lifts replaced I think 3 times, It costs ~$10 per pair, its like a brand new pair, and you don't have to worry about being annoying when you walk!

I had no idea you could do this yourself, thanks!
  • I am super noise-sensitive and I would literally be screaming in agony at that. I am so glad I work from home.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • urbaneca said:
    I am super noise-sensitive and I would literally be screaming in agony at that. I am so glad I work from home.
    I'm really a noise sensitive person too. Some days, I have to fight the urge to put in ear plugs here. 
  • urbaneca said:
    I am super noise-sensitive and I would literally be screaming in agony at that. I am so glad I work from home.
    I'm really a noise sensitive person too. Some days, I have to fight the urge to put in ear plugs here. 
    I know the feeling. I am so sorry you have to deal with that.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I don't have sensitive ears, but I do have a sensitive nose, and I work with 200 men -- many of whom refuse to wear deodorant. So I understand wanting to run from people at work, or wanting to ask them to do whatever they're doing far, far away from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards