Florida-West Coast

HELP- Bradenton area wedding!

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting. I have been trying to plan things on my own and I need some help. I am trying to plan a Bradenton area wedding from MA (most of my family is in FL, but they aren't that much help) I am just having a small family-only wedding (20-40 people) and was hoping to have a church ceremony and then a sit down dinner at a restaurant, hopefully in a private room. Or have a small ceremony + meal at a single location. I am just getting overwhelmed and need advice!!!

Anyone have any advice for a nice sit down dinner for 20-40 people in a private room/area?
Anyone have any advice for a small church (christian non-denom, baptist, methodist)?
Anyone have any advice on a venue that would host a small ceremony and dinner at a reasonable cost?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Re: HELP- Bradenton area wedding!

• When we was looking for a venue, we went down to Bradenton and checked out Pier 22 Restuarant. It's really nice and sits right on the Manatee River. They have a small ballroom upstairs with beautiful views of the marina. If I recall correctly, I think their food and beverage minimum was around $1000 and the ballroom rental was somewhere around $500. You can save some money by doing lunch and I think they waive the ballroom fee for weddings on Sundays. Here's the link to their page: http://pier22dining.com/pier-22-weddings

The Riverhouse Reef & Grill also does weddings and it's right across the street. We didn't inquire for their info, but it looked nice! You might also want to check out the Palmetto Bed & Breakfast or Marina Jacks is a popular one too in Sarasota. 

Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • I went to a wedding in an orange grove in Bradenton that was really different:

http://www.mixonevents.com/weddings.asp

• I agree that Peir 22 is a great option. Riverhouse would probably be less expensive but it isnt as private!
  • I am getting married at the Riverhouse in Palmetto on February. They have excellent food and we are doing the ceremony and reception there. For about 25 people our cost is $3,000. Give or take a few hundred. Their venue space is upstairs and we are saving money by doing it on a Thursday. I suggest it and it os a popular spot and growing so if you're going to inquire, hop to it. Carrie is who you would speak with, good luck and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards