African American Weddings

My Fiancée Doesn't Want Gifts

edited January 2014 in African American Weddings
My dear sweet future wife doesn't want to register or do gifts. She wants explicitly say no gifts. I on the other hand want gifts. I also want to respect her wishes. She grew up as Jehovah Witness so I understand. But I'm confused bc she buys EVERYONE birthday gifts. O_O My thoughts register post on website and go from there. I have friends and family that I know would not dare give a gift. BTW I love that you all are so unlike the "others" on the clear I mean other boards. I don't post much, but you all give me life seeing how supportive you are of each other. It's like world war 5 on some boards lol.

Re: My Fiancée Doesn't Want Gifts

• Welcome to AAW I would register for a few gifts People will regardless might as well get what u want/need
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with @thedivav, there are people who will bring a gift regardless if you ask them not to do so. Besides, some people (like myself) enjoy gift giving more than gift receiving. Let people express their joy for you in a way they feel best. For some, it is with a gifts, some with cash, and others with kind words of support. 

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• I am a gift person too hates showing up empty handed So I would bring a gift any way
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cideficidefi member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    I like giving, but hate receiving. I'm like your FW, don't really want any gifts...but...LoL

Oh and welcome to the best board EVER!!!
  • You already know the other boards will tell you this as terribly as they possibly can but you shouldn't really say no gifts. You also are not supposed to say that you are registerd in invites. People are going to give if they want to and a registry just gives them some ideas of what to give. You don't have to make a big deal about it or have a shower.

Your plan to just put it on the website is a good one. Everyone wins.
  • tirathemrstirathemrs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    dejeankenney I would definitely do as the other ppl suggested.. I would still register some gifts simply because some ppl would still want to buy a gift... i myself like getting gifts because i love to wrap them and make'em all pretty lmao... and besides you can do some small stuff nothing big 

O and WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME... This is the best board on Tk..

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• welcome to the board.. I am not going to beat a dead horse but I agree 1005 with what everyone said. :)

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Thank you guys I'm going to register, out it on the site. Hopefully I'll be able to get her to attend the shower. I'll keep you posted as we go!
  • I wanted gifts at first but my fiance didn't. He made a good point though so then I gave it a little more thought and agreed. My fiance is a from a different state and we live in my home town and he wanted to be married in his but agreed to be married in mine. The point he made was that all his family has to travel and very few of mine do so that will already have to spend to get here and he wants that more than anything. So we've decided that as long as everyone make it that's the only real gift we want so we've done no registries. Besides it's not like we need much anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards