Chit Chat

Forgot my ring!

I take my e-ring off when I take showers everyday (it gets loose when wet, I don't want to get shampoo/conditioner on it, don't want to risk losing it down drain, etc.).  I just realized that I forgot to put it back on today!  Not a big deal, but it's going to drive me crazy all day now that I've noticed it. I hate it when that happens. Grrrgh! 

Just had to vent.

Re: Forgot my ring!

• I am convinced I experience bad luck anytime I forget my ring.  Although by now we've been engaged over a year so I'm starting to get that "ring mark" on my finger.  So I always look engaged or married even when I forget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yeah, I got engaged Dec. 2012, so I have the ring mark too.  But, that also makes it more annoying when I forget it since I've become so used to wearing it every day for more than a year.

• I'm so afraid of my ring falling down the drain when I shower!  I blame watching Apollo 13 when I was younger (the only thing I remember about that movie is the wife dropping her ring down the drain).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I never take mine off. I got it sized slightly smaller than my ring size so that it's not likely to come loose and fall off.

• I never take mine off. 
    Same there, it was ever-so-slightly small from the get go and FI wanted to get it re-sized and I said no way! I've only had it for a couple of weeks so perhaps it's the novelty of it still, but I can't imagine taking it off. I get a little anxious even thinking about getting it cleaned. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I rarely take mine off. I only take it off when I kickbox, handle raw meat, and condition my hair. Haha that sounds like a weird sentence.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• edited January 2014

I'm not so concerned about it falling off in the shower... it doesn't really get so loose that it would ever fall off.  The main reason I remove it for shower is that I don't want hair conditioner to gunk it up and reduce the shine to it.  I also worry slightly about my hair getting caught in the prongs, pulling on them and losing the diamond, but that really shouldn't be a big concern since FI got prongs redone before he proposed (it was his grandmothers ring), so it should be pretty stable.  And in over a year, I still haven't gotten my ring caught in my hair yet, dry or wet.  So, it may be an irrational fear, but I still hate picturing it and prefer to avoid it.  And I think I may be a bit more careful since it is a family heirloom... it's not just my sentiment that I need to protect.

The only other time I ever take it off is when cooking something messy or handling raw meat.

• I can't imagine. I've been engaged for less than a month and it feels weird. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:
    I rarely take mine off. I only take it off when I kickbox, handle raw meat, and condition my hair. Haha that sounds like a weird sentence.
    All at the same time, obviously!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Mine comes off fairly frequently, but I either put it back in the box (before shower/bed) or hook it on my necklace. FI puts it on me every morning while I'm sleeping so he knows I won't forget it when I wake up. ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I worry about this every time I leave the house!

I always check for my ring, and yet I've forgotten my cell phone twice and even once walked out to my car without my keys!

Priorities!
  • Ftr, I left the house and realized I forgot to put deodorant on today. But I still have my ring!
  • I hate when I forgot to put some jewelry on in the morning.  So far I haven't forgotten my e ring.  I've been engaged since March so I have a mark around my finger anyway.  I only take it off when I am doing dishes, showering or putting on lotion.  I hate taking it off.

Anniversary

• I'm currently not wearing my ring- it's at the jeweler's being polished in advance of the wedding! But I'm wearing the emerald promise ring FI gave me before we got engaged :)

I won't wear my ring when I'm cooking, exercising, in the shower, or cleaning. I'm too afraid I'll damage it.

• Ftr, I left the house and realized I forgot to put deodorant on today. But I still have my ring!
    I did that twice this week. Sigh.

• PrincessLeia5PrincessLeia5 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2014

Hate when that happens.

• Argh!  I did it again today!  In over a year I've only forgotten it once, now twice within a week!  I think I have too much going on right now and need to find a way to empty my brain before I go crazy or forget where I live or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards