Attire & Accessories Forum

Short, Long? Bridesmaids Dresses!

I am up late struggling trying to decide on whether it's a big deal or not to have 2 of my bridesmaids wearing long dark navy dresses and the other 2 wearing short navy dresses!!! I feel so stupid because I feel like it's not that big of a deal but I can't picture it and decide if it will look okay! I am getting married in May and feel like that long dark navy dresses are very wintery but I have 2 bridesmaids that are older and feel more comfortable in them. However, I have 2 thin young bridesmaids who want the shorter tighter dresses! Tell me what you think: decide on 1 dress for all 4 bridesmaids or split them 2 and 2? I appreciate any thoughts to help settle my mind and nerves!

Re: Short, Long? Bridesmaids Dresses!

• Have you considered those "high-low" style dresses?  The ones that are shorter in the front and longer in the back? This might allow the two older bridesmaids to wear a longer style that looks more suitable for summer, and I think they would tie in more nicely with the shorter dresses.  Or, choose a light material that is more summery for the longer dresses.  
  • Personally, I dislike mixing lengths of BM dresses.  Here are a few pictures of BMs in long and short dresses together:
  • SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2014
    My bridesmaids agreed on chiffon tea length dresses. They hit a little below the knee so thay are fairly modest but are still summery

Eta: I'm not a huge fan of varying lengths but I don't think it would look terrible if you went that route.
  • I think having 2 different lengths will be fine.

• I think I want my BM's in long dresses, probably chiffon material like mine..not 100% decided yet lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A long time ago, I was in a wedding where the bride had me go and try on a TON of dresses.  She wanted all the bridesmaids in the wedding to match.  In the end, there was another bridesmaid who didn't feel comfortable in the dress the bride wanted to go with (out of all of us, she was the most insecure) so we ended up letting her pick the dress.  So - if you want all your girls dressed the same, I would probably ask the girl who is the most modest or insecure about how she'll look to help pick out.  All in all , it's your vision.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards