Attire & Accessories Forum

Help with color scheme

My dress is ivory, my groom already had a charcoal gray suit he wants to wear. My bridesmaids are all so picky that I was toying with the idea of putting them in a neutral color of light gray, and maybe adding a sash for color. But now thinking about it, the groomsmen will also be in gray. I'm afraid that will be too much gray. Thoughts and or opinions, please!

Re: Help with color scheme

• oh and btw, my theme is country/rustic chic
  • Champaign is another neutral for a lot of BMs. You can add pops of color in the flowers, etc. or you could pick several shades of the same color and have them each pick a different shade.
  • Thank you so much for the idea. There is just so much to consider, all the girl's skin tones, tastes, etc. That is a great idea of doing different shades.
  • Pictures of GMs and BMs in grey:
    Swans Trail Farm Snohomish Wedding Ceremony 1 1100x550 Burlap & Lace | Rustic Barn Wedding | Swans Trail Farm
    Is that too much grey, in your opinion?
  • Why not put them in color?  Purple or pink, yellow maybe.  You could do black and then use color in the flowers.  Hmmm, yes, that would be very pretty.
  • I think champagne is a good idea, or any neutral color like tan, ivory or even a pale pink! Then as the PP suggested, they could each have different colors of flowers or a colored sash.
  • The same gray the groomsmen have will look good, also a lighter gray does too.  I've seen many pics on Pinterest with both and love them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think a gray dress with a colored sash or just some bright colored flowers would look nice. Gray is a color that goes usually well with most skin tones too.
  • I originally was going to go with gray bridesmaid dresses too but I changed my  mind when I realized it was going to be a lot of gray. I think its a little somber and formal for a country wedding. 

If your girls are picky, a suggestion that will really help make the wedding look less formal would be to pick a tone and a dress length and maybe style and have the girls pick a color that works for them. Like this:

What I did was choose two colors and I asked them what they preferred. Three of the four said coral, one said she liked both coral and blush, so I picked coral.
  • We chose charcoal gray and purple because that's his favorite color and mine.
  • I was set on charcoal for BM as well until I came across navy.  The BM dress I liked the day we tried on they didn't have the charcoal, but they did have navy.  And it just looked soooo good.  Navy/Grey look great together too.  But I agree with others: champagne is pretty too. But could be kind of light like grey.  What about black? Or is that too much for country/rustic chic theme?
  • I'm actually doing the grey for both the groomsmen and bridesmaids. I have a very plain subtle, style, I don't like jewelry that is too blingy, I don't like colors that punch you in the face with color. I think the ties on the men and flowers for the girls are just enough pop of color. 

• When I was at DB the other day I saw a bride picking BM dresses and one had this neutral pink with a grey floral sash and it was gorgeous and subtle. Here is the color
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Stapless-Lace-Dress-with-Sweetheart-Neckline-F15620_Bridal-Party-Features-New-Arrivals
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards