Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP wording?

To help save money on postage I was thinking about having a online RSVP or a wedding website. Will I still have to send out RSVP cards to the people that I know would go online to RSVP? And if I still need to send RSVP would I have to include a stamp for that and still have the option to RSVP online? How would we word if it we did RSVP online? *We are not doing save the dates*

Re: RSVP wording?

• I would still include and RSVP card and list a website or e-mail for them to use.  It might be helpful to provide a phone number because not everyone is tech-savvy.  
  • I think you should do one or the other.

If you do the online RSVP option then you should have a phone number that people can use as well. Also, do your research before choosing which wedding website will host your RSVP's, TK is notorious for technical glitches and many brides have come on here lamenting the loss of all their RSVP data.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • We opted for online/phone rsvp.  Here are a few pics of the invite with an rsvp card (one close up so you can read it).image
    I recommend a phone number along with an online (website, email) option if you go this route.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally don't understand the point of printing an actual RSVP card, but then not allowing people to send it back to you. That saves less than 50 cents an invite and doesn't seem worth it. 

I've never heard great things about online or email RSVP's. Make sure you thoroughly vet your online RSVP system if you choose to go that route. I'd also personally hate to get tons of phone calls/texts throughout the day RSVPing to the wedding.

What about doing RSVP postcards? That's only 33 cents a card. 
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Schatzi13 said:
    There are a number of recent threads about online RSVPs.

Common negatives:
    -many here think them informal or too informal for a wedding, and so may your guests
    -some of your guests may have trouble with computers/Internet
    -many people report technical issues with many of these systems
    -traditionally one should reply to an invitation in the method one was invited (e.g., writing for writing, phone call for phone call)

Suggestions if you go this route:
    -try to find a system without a history of technical problems (ask around, read reviews)
    -include an additional RSVP method for people who have trouble with technology or the system

Wording would simply ask people to RSVP by Date at URL/Email/Phone/whatever.
    OP-Good point here about doing your research for a good online system option. I would add to test how it works from the guest perspective as well. 

Placing the rsvp information (as well as the accommodations, directions etc.) on a separate enclosure is a design preference.  It is up to you if you want inserts or not.  It would not be a response card, so no need for guests to write/fill in their information. Without an enclosure, the rsvp would be printed in the lower left corner of the invitation.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wabanzi said:
    We opted for online/phone rsvp.  Here are a few pics of the invite with an rsvp card (one close up so you can read it).image
    I recommend a phone number along with an online (website, email) option if you go this route.
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr those invitations are fantastic! Where did you get them done???
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr those invitations are fantastic! Where did you get them done???
    Now you've made my day :-) Thank you!  I designed & made them-a total DIY. More pics here, if you are interested/want to copy the design.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wabanzi - I LOVE your invitations! the colors, the design, they came out fantastic!
  • Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr those invitations are fantastic! Where did you get them done???
    Now you've made my day :-) Thank you!  I designed & made them-a total DIY. More pics here, if you are interested/want to copy the design.

Stuck in the box.
    DIY? NO FREAKING WAY
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @wabanzi that's damn good DIY job! You should thinking about getting into that business.

DIY? NO FREAKING WAY
    I adore you all! Thank you so much!  I could never do it as a business b/c other people wouldn't appreciate my "personal touches" (AKA: mistakes).
    jenni1221 said:
    @wabanzi - I LOVE your invitations! the colors, the design, they came out fantastic!

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The wedding coordinator I'm using suggested putting my e-mail address as an RSVP option as well as a phone number. Then, for people that I know have a difficult time with technology, or who would prefer using regular mail, I'm printing RSVP cards.

I read that it can be seen as rude to include an RSVP card, because it can indicate that you don't think the guest has his/her own stationary. But really, I think people will find a flaw anywhere if they are looking for one. I'm trying to think of what makes things easiest for my guests, and I know everyone I'm inviting well enough to know they won't be offended by such things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards