Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Groom's cake etiquette

So i have ordered a groom's cake for our wedding reception as a surprise for my fiance. Now i am trying to figure out who cuts it? Do we cut it right after the wedding cake? Does he do it alone or do we do it together? Do we feed each other this one too? Anyone know how this is traditionally done or have any ideas? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Re: Groom's cake etiquette

• edited December 2011
    Disclaimer I am not Southern.

I don't think you feed it to each other.  I think he cuts it after you cut the wedding cake.  Or can do whatever you want.  I lean towards the second, but it's not a huge thing in my area and people wouldn't really know if it was "wrong".
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered his groom's cake as a surprise too! I think we'll just do what he wants to do with it. I have a feeling he wont want to cut it that day!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the Groom's cake at the Groom's Dinner/Rehearsal dinner.  He cut, we fed each other, and then he bit my finger and wouldn't let go.

I think you should just leave it up to him.
  • edited December 2011
    I got a suprise groom's cake, and they just brought it out right after we cut our cake, he cut a little bit because he wanted to try it, and then they cut it just like the rest of the cake. Do whatever you want.
    I think most people who aren't southern don't know what's "right" or "wrong" anyway.
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_grooms-cake-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:44375793-2f76-4ac6-8798-7c1e87296b54Post:1dff167b-e210-4c82-a904-bc4c535218f7">Re: Groom's cake etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had the Groom's cake at the Groom's Dinner/Rehearsal dinner.  He cut, we fed each other, and then he bit my finger and wouldn't let go. I think you should just leave it up to him.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    This is probably what we're going to do.  We don't want to do the face-smashing part on the wedding day, so we'll do that with the groom's dinner.
  • HeatherQ531HeatherQ531 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea of having the groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So I had the invite ticker here but lost count and didn't feel like fixing it.
  • dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner too.  My fiance and I wanted a groom's cake and it saved u from having to think of a dessert for the rehearsal dinner!
  • lisacondellolisacondello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

does anyone have any great ideas on a grooms cake?

• edited December 2011
    We are doing this @ the rehearsal. We have such different favorite flavors that we couldn't get them all in one cake and have it be good. So for the groom's cake at the rehearsal he's getting a bananas foster. the wedding will be cupcakes, chocolate and lemon with raspberry filling/frosting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards