July 2014 Weddings

6 months to go!!

Oh 7/19/14ers...we just passed the 6 month countdown (which makes me over-the-moon excited and anxious at the same time).  How's the planning coming for everyone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 6 months to go!!

• @Niccirf

I am not getting married on the 19th but I am getting married on the 26th but close enough to 6 months for me. Lol.

Planning is going really well for me.
  • I can't believe we are past the 6 month mark! The planning is going really well, but that 6 month marker made me realize things I needed to do. I just booked my honeymoon last week, so I'm pretty excited about that.
  • @hlvonb ~ I'm in awe of your planning! You are so organized and on point. Keep it up so I have inspiration ;)

@jocelync18 ~ jealous of the honeymoon!! I think we're going to have to hold off on ours for a bit, but we might be able to squeeze a mini-moon in there and take a couple days to enjoy the Washington State coast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It'll be six months for me this Saturday!  I'm going to start working out (hopefully that'll last with a goal in mind) and doing more beauty things.  I've got all my major things: photographer, videographer, venue, and DJ!  I've just got to get my cake and send out my Save the Dates this week.  I'm a tad overwhelmed... only been planning about three weeks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Niccirf said:
    @hlvonb ~ I'm in awe of your planning! You are so organized and on point. Keep it up so I have inspiration ;)

@jocelync18 ~ jealous of the honeymoon!! I think we're going to have to hold off on ours for a bit, but we might be able to squeeze a mini-moon in there and take a couple days to enjoy the Washington State coast.

@Niccirf

I will do my best. I can say that all vendors have been paid deposits, dresses bought and alterations start soon, tuxes have been fitted, guest list finalized, save the dates sent out, FG basket and petals ordered (actually all decorations and misc items are ordered). I have my invites, I just have to assemble them and mail them out when its time. I really don't have many big things left haha

• Wow! @hlvonb

You are on top of things!!  I have my ideas for all of the centerpieces and such, but I'm going to DIY project them... so I haven't gotten to that point quite yet.  I'm impressed!!

My next big things on my list are: shuttle to the hotel, cake, first registry and getting my FI fitted in his tux.  After that, I think I have time for most of the other things.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bruinsbuzz

We're DIYing our centerpieces too. I have everything I need in my closet for them. We just finished our cake about 2 weeks ago. Lol.

• Ohhhhh centerpieces. We just started working on our centerpieces. We have about 100 vases in various shapes/sizes to spray paint! Definitely going to take a while. Also signed the contract for our two charter shuttles this week, and we have 5 cake tastings scheduled over the next week. Our registries are done, honeymoon booked, website is up (www.ericandjessicaonick.com) and Save the Dates are out! The groomsmen/ushers/fathers are all in the process of getting their fittings (I gave them a March 31 deadline), and my bridesmaids are starting to buy their dresses (they're choosing their own). Next up: find a seamstress for alterations, choose a baker and order cupcakes, and finish painting vases. Then we need to emboss our invitations (we designed and printed them ourselves and I am OBSESSED with them...can't wait to send them out!!). I'm definitely with bruinsbuzz though on needing to get back to the gym. My dress is strapless, so I figure I have 6 months to make my arms look like Michelle Obama's. ;)
  • We are doing really well - everything's booked except the calligrapher and limo!  My first fitting is in a week - super excited (and a little bit nervous) all at the same time! Booked our cake a few weeks ago, and the bridesmaid dresses and tuxes are confirmed!  I do need to look for picture frames for the table numbers, and we've already talked to the florist, who is putting a sample of the centerpieces together for us in a couple of weeks.  Oh, I also have the rentals to do...that, and get married! :)

I also need to hit the gym too!  Gotta firm up for the big day!

Happy Planning ladies! :)
  • Ugh I'm in a crazy busy stretch at work right now (things will get better in March) so a few things have been put off. Like the menswear, registering, honeymoon (and renewing my passport!), and a guest shuttle. I feel fairly on top of other things. Not doing any DIY really so that helps some, but I feel behind the 8-ball on some of those other things!

We sent out STDs recently and had this moment of "whoa, this is like really happening" which was exciting and a little nerve-wracking because there's so much left
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards