Wedding Party

Long or short BM dresses? Should I have my FG match me or the BM?

Hello Brides!

I can't decide if a long or short dress would go best with my wedding dress.(thinking chiffon would go well with my organza dress and the color is teal) And also who my FG should match.

Here's the link to my wedding dress: http://www.morilee.com/Bridals/bridal/1803

Our theme is rustic, it will be outdoors at a winery from 3-9pm on Labor Day weekend.

Thanks in advance ladies!!

Re: Long or short BM dresses? Should I have my FG match me or the BM?

• What do your BMs want to wear?  Long or short?

As for your flower girl, I don't like when FGs are dressed to look like little brides.  I like FG who wear color dresses or white dresses with colored accents.

• If it is going to be outdoors, I would prefer to wear a short dress. Seeing as they are less formal and wont drag in the grass, like a long dress would.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Short, but let your BMs decide.

If the flower girl has to match anyone let it be the BMs. Society will foist unhealthy expectations of weddings and being a bride on her soon enough, no need to contribute yourself.

Anniversary
  • is it common to have the fg dress picked out? When we ask our fg, who will be about 5, we were just going to say pick a dress she likes that has some blue in it. Beyond that, we are sure she will look adorable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like colorful or patterned FG dresses best. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • For the BM dresses it may depend on their budget.  My MOHs and I initially wanted long, but some of the BMs had a tighter budget so we went short (and they are super pretty!)
  • I wanted to have the flower girls in the same color as the bridesmaids.  However, before I mentioned this their mom mentioned she had a flower girl dress that should fit the younger one.  It was the standard white dress (looked nothing like my gown).  So I did a complete change of my vision and said that works.  She bought the older girl a matching dress that she was able to wear for her First Communion a few months later.  The mom went to David's Bridal and bought them each a sash that was the color of the bridesmaids dresses.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I usually see flower girls in dresses matching the color of the bridesmaids dresses. Both of my sisters have just found dresses at department stores for way cheaper than "flower girl" dresses. Since they were so cheap, they bought the dress in two sizes and chose the best size closer to the wedding since kids grow so fast. I'm pretty sure my cousin was in a dress from Target at my sister's wedding, but it was adorable! They're also more likely to be able to re-wear the dress for Easter or Christmas or another wedding if it's not white.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards