Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Chipotle Rehearsal Dinner

FI & I love Chipotle Grill and want our rehrsal dinner to be fun and relaxed so we think  this is a good choice. Basically build your own tex-mex; burritos, tacos, nachos, rice bowls and salads.

We'll get from them:
Cilantro-Lime Rice (white and brown) 
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
Grilled Chicken
Slow Cooked Shredded Beef
Roasted Pork
Fajita Vegetables
Fresh Tomato Salsa (mild)
Tomatillo-Green Chili Salsa (medium)
Red Chili Salsa (hot)
Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Cheese
Lettuce
Chips
Crispy Taco Shells
Soft Flour Tortillas

I want to add:
Sliced Olives
Jalapeños
Red Onion
Tres Leches Cake
Flan
Tropical Fruit Salsa

We're going to have beer and soda and rent a margarita machine.

What do you think? Anything else?

Re: Chipotle Rehearsal Dinner

• How many people are you having?  It might be less messy and time-consuming if you got pre-made burritos from Chipotle.  I am sure they would label them all with what's inside, and they could cut them in half so people could take 2 different kinds.  And then have salsa and guac on the side.  Otherwise sounds good!
  • That sounds great to me! I prefer the idea of a make-your-own bar over pre-made burritos but I am biased because I can't eat gluten. I would prefer a burrito bowl! 

• GARION said:
    That sounds great to me! I prefer the idea of a make-your-own bar over pre-made burritos but I am biased because I can't eat gluten. I would prefer a burrito bowl! 
    Exactly premade would only work if everyone orderd what they wanted beforehand. And that's half of why Chipotle is great you get it just how you want with out a fuss. 

We're only having about 20-25 people for the rehersal dinner. 
  • That's a lot of food.  But it sounds great!
  • Doesn't everyone always joke that Chipotle/ Mexican food makes you poopy? I wouldn't want to be dealing with that the night before my wedding hahaha 

• jenna8984 said:
    Doesn't everyone always joke that Chipotle/ Mexican food makes you poopy? I wouldn't want to be dealing with that the night before my wedding hahaha 
    I've never heard that before.  And I certainly haven't had that experience after eating Chipotle!

OP - Sounds delicious!  
  • I would cut back on the options a bit (only one type of beans, two meat options, etc.).  You have a ton of food for 20-25 people...

Sounds yummy!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • mrsbananymrsbanany member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    My FI would love it if we had Chipotle for our RD!!! Such a great idea.  But, I feel like people have either a love or hate feeling about Chipotle. How people can hate it, I will never understand but that is beside the point.  There are a few in my group that would hate a Chipotle RD. You know your crowd and if everyone is a fan, then that sounds like such an awesome RD!!

ETA: I just read that you are getting a margarita machine too. Can I come to your RD? This sounds so amazing  ;)
  • WOW now I'm craving Chipotle!  This looks amazing, can I come to your RD?! Lol ;)
  • lleblanc33lleblanc33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Chipotle has made me sick on more than one occasion. If you really want another opinion I say no fast food chains for your rehearsal dinner... no matter how fun of a couple you are. @jenna8984 yes and there is an episode of southpark dedicated to this.
  • lleblanc33lleblanc33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
  • @lleblanc33 Thank You!!! I love South Park and was totally referring to that episode but figured no one would know what I was talking about. They make a product called "chipotl-away" to clean the underwear s**t stains from Chipotle hahahah 

• A lot of that stuff you can just get at the grocery store (veg and salsa, tortillas) and it's a lot more affordable. Seems silly to spend $12 on a $4 jar of salsa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards