Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Bridesmaid Gifts

Hello ladies! I'm in the process of finding gifts for my bridesmaids, and I thought it would be interesting to hear from you! If you've been in a wedding before, what was the most unique or special bridesmaid gift you received? I've only been in one wedding, but the bride bought us all pretty jewelry boxes with an engraving on it.

If you were never in a wedding, what do you think would be nice gifts to receive?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• Options
    I have been in (wait for it, it's like a movie) about 17 weddings, and almost without fail there was a piece of jewelry as a gift. But two gifts that really stood out and I loved were:

- Gift Card. Yes, it seems impersonal but unlike most of the jewelry it was something I actually was able to use to get myself something I wanted and liked :) 
    - Wine club membership. Again, it wasn't something I could carry with me, but I thought about the wedding every month for a year when my bottle arrived.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I'd love a wine club membership! I was thinking of purchasing the Kate Spade knot bracelet for my girls.  It's not just a "wear it for my wedding" piece of jewelry, and it's simple/elegant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    Gift certificates for facials and gift certificates for massages
  • Options
    I got my girls all something unique to them plus a tote bag with their initials, a scarf and I also paid for their hair.

1 got a Michael Kors wristlet
    1 got 2 pairs of Kate Spade earrings
    1 got a new polaroid camera
    1 got lots of Baltimore Ravens gear
    and 1 got a new suitcase

Most of them have been in tons of weddings and all said that this was the first time they felt like the bride actually took some time to think about what to get her bridesmaids.
  • Options
    So far I've gotten my girls Coach wristlets and earrings to wear the day of from Banana Republic. In addition I plan to get them each a necklace with their monogram to wear the day of and beyond. I will then sport a matching necklace with my new monogram to the reception. 
  • Options
    I got all of my girls bella perina braclets (off brand of pandora) they came with 5 beads, i added a bridesmaid bead and a personalized bead to each of their braclets. I also got them vera bradley wristlets, Decorated Hangers for their dresses and a bridesmaid tshirt for the bachlorette party.
  • Options
    Those gifts sound lovely! Unique to each person yet very classy

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    My fiance was in the Manilla for work and they apparently are major pearl distributors as they pull them right off the coast. Besides bringing me a present or two, he got each of the bridesmaids earnings and a necklace to wear for the wedding and beyond and got each of our sister's a bracelet. For Christmas presents we also got the grandmother's long necklaces and Mother's bracelets and asked them to wear them on our big day!
  • Options

I love the wine club idea.  Im getting each a monogrammed tote.  Going to fill it with flip flops, bridesmaid tanks, and a necklace with each of their birthstones as well as a token gift card to like Starbucks or Amazon.  Going to make each a bracelet of their birthstones from as well.  Going to also get my MOH a champagne flute that says maid of honor.  All in all its costing me about $400.00!

• Options
    jnissa said:
    I have been in (wait for it, it's like a movie) about 17 weddings, and almost without fail there was a piece of jewelry as a gift. But two gifts that really stood out and I loved were:

- Gift Card. Yes, it seems impersonal but unlike most of the jewelry it was something I actually was able to use to get myself something I wanted and liked :) 
    - Wine club membership. Again, it wasn't something I could carry with me, but I thought about the wedding every month for a year when my bottle arrived.

Hope that helps!
    Yeah jewelry is usually the standard gift from Brides who just don't know.

You should shop for your BM's as if you are buying them a Christmas or Birthday gift.

Good luck!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I just ordered all my girls' jewelry but I would love to get them all something a little more personal since I know that most of them won't wear it after the wedding.  Great post, I'm finding it very helpful!
  • Options
    Look on pinterest for the bridesmaid clutch idea where you fill it with all of the essentials for the big day like lip gloss, mints, bandaids, etc and there is a poem that goes with it explaining why each item is there. I got the girls matching clutches and filled them with fun versions of the items (mints in a cupcake tin, kiss bandaids, etc). I also got them custom made jewelry, flats for the reception, and monogram tote bags to wrap it all in. I'm going to finish the bags off with a bottle of bubbly and maybe a little something special for my MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards