September 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaids - Shoe color?

I'm having a hard time picking a shoe color for my bridesmaids, so I'm turning to you lovely ladies for help. The BM dresses are going to be a royal blue color. What color shoes would you suggest to pair with this? I was thinking maybe gray/silver, but am open to any suggestions!

Re: Bridesmaids - Shoe color?

• It partially depends on your other colors. I am doing navy BM dresses and either a green or yellow shoe. That fun pop of color always looks neat and my girls love fun shoes!
  • I'm doing sapphire blue dresses from Ann Taylor for my BMs. Our colors our blue and silver with pink accents (mainly flowers/cake). So I'm asking my BMs to wear silver shoes, whatever style they want.
  • I am doing navy dresses and I am going to go with a nude shoe!  Classy, and will go with anything.  Plus they will be able to wear them again =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love blue and silver
  • @dpelkey7242 I was going to say nude as well.  It does depend on what kind of look you are going for though.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Another vote for nude. I had to buy silver shoes for a wedding I was in and there's literally no other occasion that I would ever wear them to. Nude is much classier and goes with anything, so they can wear them again.
  • Nude is a great idea too! Thanks ladies. Our other color is apple green, so I really didn't want to go with that color choice for shoes. Also, are you having your BMs wear matching shoes or pick their own style? I see some of you already answered this in your posts, so thanks ahead of time! ;)
  • I am having the shoes match.  I'm just so matchy.  I am getting them as part of their gift, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridesmaid can pick their own style shoes since they are purchasing them. Maybe it's just me but I would feel odd telling them the exact shoe to buy since they're already paying for a dress. If they don't really like the shoe they may not wear it again whereas if you just give them a general color some may already have shoes they can wear in their closet.
  • I'm letting them choose their own shoes, as long as it's nothing crazy.  I have long BM dresses and it's an indoor, nighttime wedding so I don't think the shoes will be too visible anyway.  I have bridesmaids that are very tall and very short, so letting them choose helps with that as well.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • I think a nude shoe would look great! Plus it's very wearable again. Unless you're paying for the shoes then you should try to pick a color either a bridesmaid will already own or will be really cheap/in their budget to purchase.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I would go with Silver or one of your wedding colors
    Silver you can wear again i have a few pairs of silver evening shoes... i go to a lot of formals 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dresses will be sapphire blue and I am requesting metallic (silver, gold, etc) shoes.
    eyeroll
  • My girls haven't gotten their dresses yet, but I'm going for a dark purple/eggplant color.  They will be long, and it is a 6:30 ceremony.  So much like @kmdassow, I'm letting the girls wear whatever.  I've had to purchase shoes for other weddings I've been in because we were wearing short dresses.  Honestly, I never really wore the shoes after, they were very uncomfortable!

As for my shoes, I'm going with fun, silver sparkle peep toe from Nine West!  I was going to go with a purple sparkle, but the heel was ridiculously high for me & I realized I'd not wear them again.  At least with silver, I can wear for other occasions.  I love Nine West, so comfortable!  Two of my friends did red shoes with their wedding dresses.  I love fun bridal shoes.
  • I was in a wedding recently where we had nacy blue BM dresses and we wore Nude shoes and it was goregous! Unless you are using grey as an accent color I would advise against it.
  • Nude pumps here too. A few of the girls already have them so no need to buy another pair. I'm wearing turquoise suede pumps. :)

I've worn silver shoes in a wedding and never once wore them again. Most people don't typically get a lot of use out of silver shoes.

• Lolo8383 said:
    Nude pumps here too. A few of the girls already have them so no need to buy another pair. I'm wearing turquoise suede pumps. :)

I've worn silver shoes in a wedding and never once wore them again. Most people don't typically get a lot of use out of silver shoes.
    I wore my silver flats until they got holes in the toes. Totally depends on the person!
    eyeroll
  • Oh it absolutely does! Just throwing in my vote as one of the ones who wouldn't. :) I think it depends a lot on age too, and the area you live in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards