Chit Chat

The Fault in our Stars

Has anyone ever read this?! I know it's a YA but a local radio station posted the trailer for the movie with a comment that it made them cry. Usually this guy is a DB so I checked it out and holy crap the tears were flowing!

Re: The Fault in our Stars

• Ohhhh! I'm almost done with it. Loved it at first but dragging a little toward the very end (and yes, it's very much a tear jerker). Still willing to give it 2 thumbs up. I had no idea it was a movie when I started it, but just saw the trailer and think it looks good. I love the girl they have playing Hazel.

FWIW, I've heard that people either love or hate Jon Green books. This is the first novel of his that I've read so I can't speak to it for sure, but I'd be willing to give another one a go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had never heard of it until today and I love her! Been watching all of her stuff since secret life. I'll have to get it on my nook then and give it a shot!
  • I love this book!  I think I started crying around page 20 and didn't stop until I was done.  I can't wait to see the movie.
  • It's a teen book, it only took me one day to read...poignantly written and I cried the whole time!
  • Ah! I can't wait to start it!
  • I read Looking for Alaska, one of his other books, and hated it. It was so pointlessly dreary. I'm hesitant to read Fault in Our Stars.
  • I'm nervous to read the book... I lost my older sister to cancer in October and she had one time told me that The Fault in Our Stars might help us understand her more. I never got to read it before she passed so I'm hesitant. But I think it's definitely one I would want to read before seeing the movie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @tcnoble ! I always read Lurlene McDaniel when I was High school and there were a few about Cystic Fibrosis that really helped me when my little cousin was diagnosed with it. My aunt has also been diagnosed with lung and brain cancer so I'm not sure how I'll feel reading it
  • I thought is was a well written book that I could not read in public since I was crying while reading it.

I am sorry for your loss tcnoble.

• tcnoble said:
    I'm nervous to read the book... I lost my older sister to cancer in October and she had one time told me that The Fault in Our Stars might help us understand her more. I never got to read it before she passed so I'm hesitant. But I think it's definitely one I would want to read before seeing the movie.
    I, too, am sorry for you loss @tcnoble
    It may be worth holding off for a bit with the passing of your sister so raw. The book is intense. And it does explore family dynamics when dealing with cancer, so it makes sense why she suggested it for you, but I was an emotional wreck without any real tie to the story. I can imagine it would be extremely difficult from your perspective. Then again, on the flip side, maybe it could be catharitc? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards