Wedding Party

October Wedding: Long or Short Dresses!?

Hi Ladies!  I am getting married on 10/18/14 and we keep going back and forth between long vs. short dresses for the bridesmaids.  The ceremony will be outside and we are going for the rustic feel.  Our colors are dark purple, light purple, white, gray and wheat.  Any thoughts??  If you are getting married in October, how are you dressing your bridesmaids!?

Re: October Wedding: Long or Short Dresses!?

• I'm getting married 10/11/14. Originally I wanted short dresses but our reception venue ended up being a little more formal so we're doing long chiffon. For a rustic venue I think short makes sense. I hope your wedding is in the south? October in Michigan in short dresses could be freezing ...
  • Have you asked your BMs what they prefer?

• It depends where you are south central pa can be anywhere from 50 degrees to 70 degrees in October. I vote long because I get cold easy.

Anniversary
  • It depends on how cold October usually is in your area, but for an outdoor October wedding, I would prefer long dresses.
  • You really should ask your BMs what they'd prefer to wear.  

I would try to do some sort of wrap or pashmina either way.  I was in an outdoor October wedding 2 years ago in Georgia and it was cold.  You really can't predict what the weather will do.  
  • We are doing long dresses in a dark blue for our 10/18/14 wedding.  I think long or short dresses work with rustic themes, so don't worry about that.  And I second the wrap or pashmina suggestion!   

What are the guys wearing?
  • I don't know what the weather is like where you are in October, but around here I would definitely say long dresses as it can get pretty cool.
  • I got married Oct. 13, and my BM dresses were short -- but it was an indoor wedding (Catholic Church) and indoor reception, with limited outdoor photos. We got married in Central PA.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Another Central PA person here (there's a lot of us, huh?). We're getting married 10/11/14 and we're doing short bridesmaids dresses. We'll be indoors for everything except for pictures, and Central PA can be a whole range of temperatures in October. My sister already bought a fur shawl for my niece/flowergirl just in case it's freezing.
  • My FI's sister is getting married on 10/11/14 also. I'm a BM for this. Originally she said long but then she found some short ones she loved. I told her I was okay either way just yo yell me what to wear and I'd get it. they're wedding is more of a rustic-contemporary with dark purple, lavendar, gray with teal accents.

I think as long as the reception is inside, the BMs would be fine outside for a short amount of time for the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards