Wedding Woes
Options

[Deleted]

Re: [Deleted]

• Options
    I don't think I'd "re-do" anything.  Just removing her from the processional and seating chart should be easy, it's basically a spacing issue at that point..  

As far as the program, I'd leave her in it and call her "honorary" or something.  Maybe even add a note that due to unforeseen circumstances, she can't join us, she's missed.  That's it.
  • Options
    melisansserifmelisansserif member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    I agree with wzz.  No need to scrap your programs, and the seating chart?  What's the big deal if there's an extra space at the table?

Just relax and try to understand that none of the things you listed are important enough to stress over.

If one missing person is your biggest issue, you're going to have a great day.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Have you already printed the programs? I wouldn't reprint them if you have. You can handle the change in procession order at your rehearsal, and the seating chart shouldn't be a huge deal since she is only one person.

It's sad that she had a death in the family, because I'm sure she would have liked to have been at your wedding, but things happen. Send her some flowers with a nice note, and carry on.

• Options
    i2i @varunatt.  I was with her until the follow up.  Now I'm all :/
  • Options
    In all honesty, it's kind of a relief. She brought a lot of unnecessary drama to the bridal party, and while she's my friend and I'd love to have her there, it will actually be easier not to. Still very sad about the circumstances though.
    And the truth comes out.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    She didn't come to or help plan the bridal shower or bachelorette. She kind of ignored the other girls except to tell them she couldn't make any of the dates they suggested, and I barely heard from her since asking her to be a bridesmaid. In spite of all that, I still wanted her to be there, but there is some definite tension with her and the other girls since she never made the effort to communicate with them. I tried to stay out of it as much as possible.
    THAT is drama?  Where?  She couldn't help on the dates they set.  What more was she supposed to do?  All that is required of a bridesmaid is that she show up in the dress.  A bridesmaid is not obligated to throw you parties.
  • Options
    Okay, I had to use this one since you guys know about my fear of Pennywise (this gave me some small anxiousness):

OP...just stop. please.
  • Options
    So this girl wasn't interested in planning parties of talking with people that she doesn't know.  That makes her a bad BM?  Um, okay.

Also, you don't have to redo anything.  The program should still list her as a BM because she is, she just can't make your wedding.  And you have to rework the procession?  Um you just have one less BM that needs to walk down the aisle and then you pair two guys up with one girl for the recessional.  As for the seating chart, leave it alone.  You will just have an empty spot (or two if she was bringing someone) and that is not a big deal at all.  You may have other empty spots because some guests may be no shows.

It is kind of sad that you are relieved that this girl had something tragic happen in her family so that she wouldn't be able to make your wedding.

• Options
    Agree with Nola.  Don't forget to add a sympathy card/gesture to your to do list.
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2014
    One of my bridesmaids just cancelled and my wedding is in 2 days. The thing is, I can't even be mad because she had a death in the family last week, and I definitely don't expect her to attend my wedding rather than be with her family. So I'm not mad, just stressed! I know it'll be okay, I can live with having different numbers of bridesmaids and groomsmen... it just means re-doing the programs, seating chart, and procession order. Whew. Just needed to vent somewhere other than Facebook where she'd see it...

Two out of three isn't good enough!

And no surprise, this one is also having a cash bar.

• Options
    sarahuflsarahufl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2014
    She didn't come to or help plan the bridal shower or bachelorette. She kind of ignored the other girls except to tell them she couldn't make any of the dates they suggested, and I barely heard from her since asking her to be a bridesmaid. In spite of all that, I still wanted her to be there, but there is some definite tension with her and the other girls since she never made the effort to communicate with them. I tried to stay out of it as much as possible.
    Well, this is rude. Why was she expected to do all these things?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards