California-San Diego

Finding Our Perfect Venue

I am in the process of finding my wedding venue.  We will have about 100 guests.  We aren't limited to San Diego, however we don't want a venue that is more than an hour away.  Our budget is super limited and would like to stay around $6500 for the venue/food.  We found that this is possible with navy base weddings, but that hasn't been easy to make happen due to a booking freeze.  So we are looking elsewhere and was wondering if anyone knew of possible venues that meet our criteria? Thanks!

Re: Finding Our Perfect Venue

• Have you checked out Marina Village?
  • I've been to a wedding there before and thought it was nice but not exactly my style.  But at this point, I don't feel like I can be too picky with the budget we have.  I will contact them to get a quote! Thanks!
  • Also, a friend of mine just got approved very quickly for a wedding at the Ocean View Room in Point Loma.. I didn't know about a booking freeze?

• Mission Beach Womans club is $1,200 on a Saturday
    Old Poway park; per hour around $75 depending on the venue
    La jolla Bridge Club - not sure of pricing
    La Jolla Woman's Club - I think around $2400
    Marine Room-$F&B Min $3,000
    My venue- Bernardo Heights Country Club-- F&B min is $4500-- our package for around 100 guest will be around $6000

Theres quite of bit of options depends on what you want, an all inclusive or a more diy and bring your own caterer type of place! :) Let me know if you need more help... took me 5 months to find my venue so i have seen or been in contact with tons!!
  • We are having our ceremony & reception at the Soledad Club in PB.  It is $1795 for the venue but you have to bring in your own vendors. 

• The Ocean View Room is where we put a tentative hold at but it's not official because of a booking freeze they have currently.  Does your friend have her wedding date finalized with them and how recently did she book it? 
  • I just contacted Bernardo Heights Country Club.  Thank you for the suggestions! 
  • @brrokellen16 Kitty is wonderful, I am sure this is who will follow up with you.  :)
  • Sorry I missed your post but obvi we talked via PM. Let us know how it goes for you. Wishing you all the best with your venue search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards