Connecticut

Need Help! Only $6000 Left in Wedding Budget - May Wedding

Still need a DJ and a reception venue for 70 people. - I am running into four problems.

1. Won't take such a small party in May.
2. Already booked.
3. Just plain cheesy.
4. Way too expensive to afford the dj.

Any thoughts?

I've got invitations, gown, flowers, photographer...

Re: Need Help! Only $6000 Left in Wedding Budget - May Wedding

• Out of curiosity, how do you have invitations when you don't have a venue??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have them budgeted for. :) I know that is a fixed cost. 
  • Not sure what part of CT you are looking in - but a few of the golf clubs offered pretty good pricing. Try Seasons at Oak Lane in Woodbridge.  You might have to cut a few things.....like the open bar.
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2014

are you looking for an evening or day time, indoors or outdoors

call testas in southgton they have a  deal going on at the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/testasbanquets?ref=br_tf

they have prices around 55 a person we are doing a full sit down in june there with dj cake and flowers for 72 a head

you get 2 free upgrades dj cake wedding flowers for your tables limo uplighting or chair covers

if you did lest expensive package it still comes with open bar and it would only cost you around 4thousand
  • KCLindgrenKCLindgren member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    203-505-5061 DJ jay Lang. Super affordable and we've attended two weddings where he was the DJ and had a blast both times. He quoted us 650 for a 5 hr reception. Make sure you sign a contract.
    (We moved our wedding out of state so we can't use him)
    Good luck!
  • Entertainment Unlimited of  New England is good for a DJ ask for Bob and see what he can do he and tell him your budget he is reasonable. Good Luck
    -Andrea 
  • look at elmridge golf course in stonington/westerly area. gorgeous, good food, perfect for a small wedding, pretty affordable to. did you talk to neil roma at spin enterprises?
  • DJ Marty is awesome. He did my best friend's wedding and we have already booked him for ours. Hes pretty reasonable (if you go to the Mohegan Sun Bridal Show on the 16th, he will be there along with a couple other DJs...  time of day will change who will take you in, also what kind of hall you are looking for, uncatered, preferred vendor, these things change prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards