Louisiana-New Orleans

Affordable venue for 100-150 guests

I'm'm looking for an affordable New Orleans venue. I would love the Quarter but don't think it's in my budget. I'd like to stay under $10,000 for everything including dress, photographer, and florist! It's just me and my fiance paying for it. Btw it's only for the reception and it's gonna be in February 2015. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Re: Affordable venue for 100-150 guests

• We are using Gallier Hall.  You pay the city directly.  We rented out the entire 2nd floor for 3k.  They have two ballrooms.  You can use one for your ceremony and the other for dancing at your reception.  You choose your own caterer, etc. so you can save money by choosing a package or caterer that fits your budget. 
  • We got married at the Benachi House on Bayou Road at Esplanade & it was very reasonably priced. We had about 140 guests & it worked out perfectly, super close to the Quarter where all of our guests stayed.
  • Where did you choose?!
  • The Audubon Clubhouse is nice, affordable.150 may be pushing it, but the outdoor area is beautiful as long as the weather holds up. You will have better luck going with a daytime wedding for that price range. 

Southern Oaks Plantation offers afternoon weddings in the 10K range, including food/alcohol/tables/linens/centerpieces/DJ. We went with SOP mainly because I hate planning.

Wax Museum in the quarter, great location, reasonably priced, not sure if you could get it under 10K but they were very up front with their prices, just contact them. Plus I think you can bring in your own caterer there maybe.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards