• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Any active trying yet?

So are any of the ladies that want to get PG right away actively trying yet? Or are you still just at if it happens it happens if not no big deal??

I started temping and charting this cycle and i am planning on going out and purchasing OPKs.
KStar Design.com
Fluffy
***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
**GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**

Re: Any active trying yet?

• We're not actively trying, but if it happens, it happens. DH had wanted to wait a little longer to get more financially stable since I'm working again, but then we talked about it recently and decided that there's really no "good" time to have a baby and if we get pregnant, we'll both be happy about it.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• I'm just like you caseyandlizzie . But I've lurked a little on the bump and they do all this charting and temperatures and stuff it seems too complicated to me. I thought having children was supposed to be simple.
    Anniversary
  • We're definitely not trying right now. We're very on the fence about having kids anyway, so until one of us gets the fever and we agree it's right for us as a couple, we're actively NOT trying. Haha.

That said, I am sofreakingexcited to see everyone else's little bundles of joy whenever it happens! :) A lot of my friends are pregnant or mommies of 1-3 kids and it's fun watching them grow up ... especially without having to be the one waking up at all hours of the night. ;)
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • We were trying before the wedding...  so we still are. 

We had agreed that if it hadn't happened by the wedding, we would start working more to figure out why.  I'm going to make a few appts. and see if I can find out what's going on exactly, and why it hasn't happened.  We haven't been preventing anything for almost 2 years actually...  so I'm afraid something isn't working like it needs to be, and I have no doubts it's me.  =(

My cycles aren't normal at all...  I've gone up to 15 months before without a period, and have only had 2 in the last year, so I don't know if I'm just not ovulating or what is happening.  All my yearly stuff and bloodwork always comes back fine.

So anyway,  yeah...  for sure trying, and going to be looking into what else we can possibly do to make it happen.  We're getting too old to wait!  LOL
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• I WANT TO SO BADLY...BUT we want to be more finacially stable. I still don't have a full time teaching job...so that puts a damper on things. I really want to be trying though....Guess it's just practice for now! =(
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • My cousin and his wife were having trouble conceiving and went to the doctor and they had "unexplained infertility", which basically meant that the dr. couldn't figure out why they couldn't get pregnant. After a couple years of trying they ended up adopting. And then, wouldn't you know it, they got pregnant within the year, so they have 2 daughters now not even a year a part!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• I want to get on insurance before really trying. But we are not trying not to either....
  • We are!!!!!!!!! Haven't done the charting or anything yet but I'd like to hope it just happens.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aw, can't wait to see everyone's little babies! Good luck to all you ladies trying! Being pregnant is hard work, but it is truely an amazing experience :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be living vicariously through you ladies.  Things are too crazy for us right now, and we won't try for another 3-5 years.  Although, if it accidentally happened AFTER I'm settled in my first job (maybe a year from now), I would be ok with it I think lol.  Any baby before then and I"ll be FLIPPING OUT. lol    I can't wait to see everyone and their babies that are sure to come.  :)
  • We arent actively trying nor are we preventing it...I stopped BC on the wedding day actually was the last one I took....so if it happens it happens...I am with some of you other ladies all that temperature taking and charting and stuff, I dunno about all that! Smile I mean I figure the most I'll do is take some Ovulations tests and try that way if it doesnt happen then we'll talk to my Dr...but thats a while down the road, until then we just know if it happens we'll be super excited about it! :)
    image pregnancy
  • I am charting and all that basically because it hasnt happened yet. I know every pregnancy is different and all that jazz. I have been pregnant 2x and both times it happened within a month after stopping my BCPs. This time i have been off since the end of October and it has not happened yet! Its just a little weird to me seeing that its happened 2x before! So after charting and all that jazz for a while and if im still not KU we will talk to the doc! I am really hoping that it happens soon! He is already 30 going to be 31 this year and i am going to be 29 this year. Erica is already 6 and i dont want to have kids that far apart in age. My ideal would have been to have another one by the time she was 4. That obviously didnt happen! So here's to hoping charting and OPKs works!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
  • Hahaha...noooo.  I am super excited to see everyone's little darlings, though!  I will be sitting safely in the no-babies biodome for a while
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • Definitely not trying anytime within the next year...possibly year and a half. We'd really like to have a house first. We both enjoy our "freedom" too much. I also need to be at my job a little while before having a kid. I have plenty of friends with babies so anytime I get the itch I just hang out with them and realize i'm all set right now. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We would like to get pregnant right away (have been trying since the wedding night but period came 1 1/2 week later) but we leave it up to God and when it is our time to be parents again (we have an 8 years old), we will be Laughing
  • Hey there, I actually haven't been that active here anymore because I spend a lot of time on TB Trying to get pregnant pages, lol. Figured I will try to learn at much as I can.

I am stopping BC this month (actually tomorrow is my last pill!!!). DH is more of the "it'll happen when it happens" and just doesn't want to prevent, but I'd like to be more proactive, just so it feels like I have control over a situation that I actually have no control over. 

Like Tygress said, my son will be 6 this year and it's already farther apart than I had ever wanted my kids to be.  
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_active-trying-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:643Discussion:50a64b10-6f39-4132-be6f-e256e7795f28Post:357a8afa-8642-4817-a668-6977865ee059">Re: Any active trying yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there, I actually haven't been that active here anymore because I spend a lot of time on TB Trying to get pregnant pages, lol. Figured I will try to learn at much as I can. I am stopping BC this month (actually tomorrow is my last pill!!!). DH is more of the "it'll happen when it happens" and just doesn't want to prevent, but I'd like to be more proactive, just so it feels like I have control over a situation that I actually have no control over.  <strong>Like Tygress said, my son will be 6 this year and it's already farther apart than I had ever wanted my kids to be</strong>.  
    Posted by sweetie1184[/QUOTE]

I didnt want them to be any more than 4 years apart and as it is right now if i get pregnant anytime here on out they will end up being 7 years apart! The good thing about it is that she will be able to babysit her little brother or sister sooner! haha
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_active-trying-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:643Discussion:50a64b10-6f39-4132-be6f-e256e7795f28Post:50be4bdc-d94f-4651-93c4-04c8c9152382">Re: Any active trying yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE] they will end up being 7 years apart! The good thing about it is that she will be able to babysit her little brother or sister sooner! haha
    Posted by Tygress_Luv111908[/QUOTE]

Very true, luckily you have a girl. I'm thinking a teenage boy, not going to happen, lol. I have 2 niece that are 7 years apart and the 13 yo contantly wants to kill her 6 yo sister... but I figure at least I'll have a little extra help. DS is constantly asking when there's going to be a baby in my belly, it's so cute.
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_active-trying-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:643Discussion:50a64b10-6f39-4132-be6f-e256e7795f28Post:4bf1923a-b7ff-499d-a636-555aa8369712">Re: Any active trying yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any active trying yet? : Very true, luckily you have a girl. I'm thinking a teenage boy, not going to happen, lol. I have 2 niece that are 7 years apart and the 13 yo contantly wants to kill her 6 yo sister... but I figure at least I'll have a little extra help. <strong>DS is constantly asking when there's going to be a baby in my belly, it's so cute.</strong>
    Posted by sweetie1184[/QUOTE]

HAHA that is so cute!! My DD keeps telling us she wants a baby. BUT not just 1. She wants TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!! haahahah Im like ummm yea ok sure! Ill get right on that for ya!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
  • We aren't having anymore. I have two and DH has two. We think that is enough. Plus, he is fixed....
  • We are not TTC or TTP but will probably TTC more so in a few months.   ALthough I'll admit, as excited as I am to have another and to give my son a sibling, I am terrified of having 2 children - mostly because I work full time with a 1 hour commute each way, and that combined with being a parent (while still trying to keep up with household chores, errands etc, plus maintain the friendships/relationships you have with people, your spouse, with maybe a tiny bit of time for yourself once and a while too - is near impossible as it is and I fear that it will be just that much harder with 2. 

I don't see my son nearly as much as I would like (3 hours/day on weeknights) and weekends are usually spent on the various other tasks I mentioned so I just always feel like I'm neglecting everything.  Him, DH, Myself, my friends, my family, housework etc., all of it.
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Syndelin  we did not TTP for 2.5 years before getting pregnant with our son, and VERY frequently had sex during ovulation and it took that long before we were actually pregnant with our son. 

GL and hang in there!  
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thanks Kari!   I don't think I would be so worried about it, but we're both almost 33.  That's a lot older than I wanted to start having kids....  older than I wanted to be when I was DONE having them, actually.   LOL

We've both agreed too that if it doesn't happen by 35, we're not sure we want to after that point at all, so it's kind of this now or never feeling if I think about it too much.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards