March 2014 Weddings

OMG 40 days!

I can't believe we have 40 days.  It's unbelievable.  My to-do list is never ending.  2 items were crossed off my list on Friday morning while at work.  My co-worker (manager) surprised me with a beautiful gift that was completely unexpected...especially since I have only been working there for a week.  She got us beautiful Lenox Toasting Flutes and the matching Lenox Knife and Cake Serving set.  Now, I had received a Knife/Cake Server set at my bridal shower back in October.  It's a nice set, but it doesn't scream "WEDDING!" to me.  So, we plan to use it during our rehearsal dinner...which I have to plan.  Oye.

I'm just hoping this to-do list ends soon.  It's all the little stuff that needs to get done.  40 days? No problem.  I got this.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: OMG 40 days!

• I still need to figure out the rehearsal dinner thing too.  We don't want to spend a lot of money and most of my guests are out of town so it'll be a big crowd so going to a restaurant that charges per head is out of our budget.  I don't want to do it at my house because then I have to clean and it's my wedding too, I don't want to be exhausted.  I thought of doing it by the community pool and just getting platters but I don't know where to start.  Maybe we can brainstorm ideas?
  • We are having our rehearsal at our local bar/grill up the street.  It also has a bowling alley.  They cater, so we just need to go up to meet with the owner (and very good friend) and see what we can do.  We have the menu and know what we want (kinda).  We plan to ask him if we could have a flat fee for 30 people, food, beer/wine/soda/coffee tea for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.  We would offer the ability for people to pay for mixed drinks/special requests/shots so we don't have to incur that cost.  FI likes the idea, because it's not asking for a discount...it's asking for a flat fee instead of price per head.  

When we booked the rehearsal, we were told that we would be taken care of completely.  Both of us don't know what that means as we know the owner really well.  We think that *maybe* he is going to do this as a gift to us, but who knows.  

Do you have a local bar/grill that caters? Maybe go up there and see if you can get a flat fee for x number of people for x hours including wine/beer/soda.  Maybe that would work.  OR have it at your house but have it catered.  Typically, getting the catering from outside, having them drop off/deliver (to someone that is willing to stay home while you rehearse) and set it up, that way you walk in, eat and the only thing you'd maybe have to clean up is trash????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2014
    We just planned ours with FMIL on Saturday. We are only inviting our BP and OOT family (basically our entire family except for FILs), but still have about 35 people. FILs are hosting at their home and will order food trays of food from a local Italian place. 

@cokezerofreak, look into supermarkets, warehouse stores, or local restaurants for catering
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're having the local barbecue place cater and are holding it at a bridesmaid's house.  I ordered cake for dessert.  We really, really just want a nice laid back party.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We're getting married in Texas but our families are from NY and Missouri. They wanted Texas BBQ at the wedding (which I did not want; too causal for me) so instead we're doing BBQ for the rehearsal dinner. It's affordable and people can have whatever they want. We don't have to get all dressed up fancy either. I think my family will be more relaxed and open up rather than doing something really over the top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards