Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Anyone have a wedding or been to a wedding at the Heard Museum in McKinney?

My fiance and I went and looked at it this morning but they were starting to set up for a wedding so we didn't get a chance to talk to event coordinator too much. The price is reasonable but I'm just worried there is not as much space for a dance floor and the tables. Does anyone have pictures from a wedding they had/went to there? How many guests were there? We just looked at the Science Resource Center. 
Also has anyone had or been to a wedding at River Legacy Nature Center in Arlington? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Re: Anyone have a wedding or been to a wedding at the Heard Museum in McKinney?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-have-a-wedding-or-been-to-a-wedding-at-the-heard-museum-in-mckinney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e022287c-d3f9-41bc-a60a-ce7c24185312Post:6f7bacf7-7415-4c07-aec2-94a9a65346b6">Anyone have a wedding or been to a wedding at the Heard Museum in McKinney?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I went and looked at it this morning but they were starting e to set up for a wedding so we didn't get a chance to talk to event coordinator too much. The price is reasonable but I'm just worried there is not as much space for a dance floor and the tables. Does anyone have pictures from a wedding they had/went to there? How many guests were there? We just looked at the Science Resource Center.  Also has anyone had or been to a wedding at River Legacy Nature Center in Arlington? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    Posted by Sac0192[/QUOTE]

Yes!!!!! My best friend got married at the Heard Museum last June. She had her ceremony on the balcony at the Science Resource Center and the reception inside. It was nice for she did have a small wedding so it was plenty enough space to dance. Now im getting married this July and I'm having ceremony in the Laughlin Hall and the reception in the Science Resource Center. I'm expecting 85 guest so it's plenty enough space for us! Talk with Brenda there she is really nice and can assist with any questions.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great thanks! We didn't get a chance to see Laughlin Hall. We just looked at the science resource center and was told the deck area could only old 60 chairs and we're expecting more like 70 to 80 guests so we're trying to decide what the best option is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-have-a-wedding-or-been-to-a-wedding-at-the-heard-museum-in-mckinney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e022287c-d3f9-41bc-a60a-ce7c24185312Post:061bfca4-cfa6-4615-951b-6b3eb1c404aa">Re: Anyone have a wedding or been to a wedding at the Heard Museum in McKinney?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great thanks! We didn't get a chance to see Laughlin Hall. We just looked at the science resource center and was told the deck area could only old 60 chairs and we're expecting more like 70 to 80 guests so we're trying to decide what the best option is.
    Posted by Sac0192[/QUOTE]

Since we are having a July wedding, using the balcony was out of the question. So that's when Brenda recommended the Laughlin Hall! For the very good price and freedom to decorate and bring in own vendors. It was the best venue ever! (I looked at 10 venues total btw...lol)
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for your input! Yea the price is definitely right and I love that we can use what we want food wise.
  • We are also considering The Heard and having 70 to 80 guests for a wedding . It seems to me that we may be a bit crowded with tables & a dance floor at the science center, but I'm hoping weather might be nice enough to dance on the balcony. Any thoughts about this idea? Have you decided yet? Best of luck!
  • I know that my videographers have done weddings here and it's been lovely.  You might search for Heard Science Museum on thisissplendor.com to see if they have any videos.

What time of year are you considering?  If it's summer, you might not want the balcony -- way too hot!
    Anniversary

• Will check out thisissplendor.com thank you. Plan to get married in April. Went there again today. Do not want to get married in front of museum because it's close to the road way. Inside grounds are to rough for handicapped parent to navigate. Will probably pick another place unless we can find a nice mckinney park to marry in.
  • Bella Donna Chapel in McKinney is lovely.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards