March 2014 Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner

We are having our rehearsal dinner at a very good friends bowling alley/restaurant/bar.  My FI has worked for this place for many years, and so did FFIL.  FI practically grew up in this place and because of that he is an awesome bowler (certainly much better then me!).  With that being said when we booked our rehearsal dinner a month ago, we were told to not worry about anything and we'd be taken care of.  Now, I took that to mean that we will be taken care of food/drink wise and it will be spectacular.  After discussion with FI and FFIL (who both know the owner extremely well) they both said that it could be possible that we won't have to pay anything.  I told both of them that we will talk with the owner and see.

FI and I plan to go see the owner in the next week or two to nail down our menu, etc.  Not to mention, I have to send out Rehearsal dinner invites by the end of next week so people know what the details are.  So, with that being said, I asked FI what he thought about this situation:  See if we can get a flat rate for 30/35 people (give or take a person or two) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours - buffet style appetizers, buffet style hot food for dinner, beer/wine/soda/coffee with dessert provided by myself and mother (we'll bake a cake, brownies, cookies -whatever). Obviously cash bar would be available for mixed drinks/specialty drinks/shots.  He said he doesn't see why it wouldn't work.  We're not asking for a "break" or "discount." We're just asking for a flat fee.  

What are your opinions on this? Is it wrong for us to ask for a flat fee? Or are we right in looking for this?  That way, we aren't paying x for the buffet food and x for liquor...it's all rolled into one price.  Make sense?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• I like a flat fee, I don't see why they couldn't do it. Are you doing Friday night? I only ask because 2 1/2 to 3 hours seems like a looooong time the night before your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA2014 said:

I like a flat fee, I don't see why they couldn't do it. Are you doing Friday night? I only ask because 2 1/2 to 3 hours seems like a looooong time the night before your wedding.

Yeah its a friday night. Only reason for the long time frame is because i have a feeling there will be stragglers showing up late, etc. But i might cut it to 2 hours. We shall see
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I made the hair and makeup appointment for the morning of the wedding. For my size group we have to start at 9:30 am ugh. I better be last!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards