Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Songs for dinnertime

Ok so I know that this is not about first dances... I actually had that picked before we even got engaged!! I should say WE had it picked! But my fiance and I want to play random love songs throughout dinner and I have alot already but I know that I am missing so many good ones that I cannot even begin to come up with! Help!Suggest some good love songs to help make our night wonderful!!! :)

Re: Songs for dinnertime

• caityhadycaityhady member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you just wanting a particular genre of love songs (like crooners or 80s) or are you wanting all-across-the-board type music?  My friend had EVERYTHING played during her wedding dinner and it was pretty cool...believe it or not, Bob Marley's "Is This Love" was a big hit during dinner :)
  • edited December 2011
    all across the board. we love country, 80s (rock and pop), i of course love the 90s... the only thing we really dont care for is like r&b and rap
  • caityhadycaityhady member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some that we're definitely asking DJ to play during dinner (we're going for the crooners) : What a Wonderful World—Louis Armstrong The Way You Look Tonight—Frank Sinatra Because of You—Tony Bennett Moondance—Van Morrison More—Bobby Darin -----------------------MY FAV! Chances Are—Johnny Mathis You Send Me—Sam Cooke I know this is kind of genre specific and you want all-across the board, but maybe it will help?
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some ideas off the top of my head..... At Last - Ella Fitzgerald Yellow - Coldplay The Way You Look Tonight - Michael Buble In My Life - The Beatles Thank You - Led Zeppelin (or cover by another artist) All I Want is You - U2 Hope this helps :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is a great theme idea......

Just the way you are..........Billy Joel
    From this moment on..... Shania Twain (this is our first dance)
    You've got a way.....Shania Twain
    Endless Love.... Lionel Richie
    Color My World ,Just You and Me, Beginnings.....Chicago
    You Bring Me Joy, Sweet Love.....Anita Baker
    My Girl....The Temptations
    You Make Me Feel Like a  Natural Woman....Carole King
    Chances Are......Johnny Mathis
    Some Like You......Van Morrison (the final song in "Bridget Jones Diary"

You want to be careful to save some of these types of romantic songs for the dancing part so the couples there can having something to dance to.

We have discussed this as well, and are using a movie music cd for all of dinner time. Currently it's between "No Reservations" which has lots of Italian operatic songs, "Something's Gotta Give" which is mostly french songs and love songs, and "French Kiss", also french and love songs. I'm leaning toward "No Reservations" because it will remind me of an Italian restaurant theme, and when else can you play uplifting operatic music at a wedding???

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards