Destination Weddings Discussions

AW - He's my hero!

Last week my CD player in my car broke. My car is almost 7 years old and it doesn't have an AUX in or anything like that, so my CD player was the only way to listen to music other than the radio... and I get really bored with the radio. Especially when they play the same 20 songs on loop all day.

It had started to have a hard time grabbing the discs when putting them in a couple of months ago, and then the last time I tried to eject a disc, the mechanism got stuck and wouldn't accept discs anymore.

FI had an old piece of equipment from his last car still that can be plugged in to the back of the stereo to give you a headphone jack. He installed it and now I can listen to my iPod/iPhone in the car.

It was a huge pain in the butt, he had to take apart my entire dashboard to get the stereo out, had to remove the air conditioning controls, dash under the steering wheel, and glove compartment. Then the antenna was the wrong size so it wouldn't just plug in and he had to splice the wires. 

So grateful :D I love that he doesn't half-ass anything, he doesn't give up when something turns out to be harder than anticipated, and well, I love that I can listen to my music in my car again!

Re: AW - He's my hero!

• SO nice of him! I need one of those so badly!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_aw-hes-hero?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:c7957ce8-9627-402b-9b8c-4cb467fe676cPost:0d81c8a6-f523-40a6-b04d-18224f7b4c0e">AW - He's my hero!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So grateful :D I love that he doesn't half-ass anything, he doesn't give up when something turns out to be harder than anticipated, and well, I love that I can listen to my music in my car again!
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]
    That's awesome, what a sweetie!I love that about my FI too, he's a perfectionist and total handy man & bought & installed my car stereo & speakers when I first got my car, It's soo nice being able to listen to my ipod especially since my radio reception sucks. 
  • Very sweet!  I had the same thing happen in my Jeep and my FI gave me his ipod cord that allowed the ipod to be played through the radio!  I knew there was a reason we kept them around! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards