Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cheap Kansas City Catering

Hi guys, I am in NEED of a cheap caterer around the Kansas City area. HELP??? We really don't have a preference on type of food...but for a wedding of 250 guests we have to keep the price WAY low :(

Re: Cheap Kansas City Catering

• Options
    Try on the KC local wedding board (drop down menu on your right). This board is international, so we wont be tons of help.

That said, Mexican, BBQ (you're in KC after all!), Italian, and grocery store catering are good places to start looking for a cheap food cost. 

You could also think about having a non-mealtime wedding and serve only appetizers and desserts to keep costs down.
  • Options
    I am in KC, and honestly we just asked our favorite restaurant to cater. You have SO MANY options. Beer Kitchen will be catering ours, and they were super excited to cater a wedding. There are about 50 different Mexican restaurants just on the Kansas side. And like PDKH said, you could go with BBQ. If you want something more traditional, Johnny Cascones also does catering. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    Or there is always HyVee or Price Chopper. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    You'll save money if you have Hy-Vee do the whole wedding. I think it's around a 15% discount to have them cater, do your cake and flowers. I was a manager at one in Lawrence for 15 years, it's an option if you're seriously tight with your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards