March 2014 Weddings

...is anyone else starting to get really nervous?

I have not been nervous one bit since I got engaged (October 26, 2012). But now since I am getting married NEXT MONTH I am starting to freak out a little. I think im prepared for the most part, it's just that I really don't like public speaking or being emotional in front of people and I kinda have to do both that day. Anyone else feel the same way? How are you dealing with your nerves?

Re: ...is anyone else starting to get really nervous?

• I am running a lot to deal with my nerves. I have 33 days to go.
  • I have 32 days to go and even though I'm sick, I am getting a bit nervous.  I've been trying to keep myself busy but it's tough.  There is so much that I have to get done and very little time (and funding) to do so.  BAH!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I've a lovely long list of stuff to do wedding wise. I've also a list of activities to plan during our trip the week after our wedding.

All shall be done with copious amounts of wine.

• Wine!!!!!!! Yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Remember that being nervous is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a good thing that you're nervous because you care about getting married. We don't get nervous over mundane everyday tasks because they don't hold importance to us.

So just remember that when you start to feel the butterflies:
    1) it's completely normal and a good thing, and
    2) the butterflies can be viewed as excitement, not anxiety.

I'm nervous and I love the way it feels! It's so cool!
  • I wouldn't call it nervous, but don't know what to call it! Time is flying, It seemed so far when we booked our venue in January 2013. I can't wait though my weekends are booked through to the wedding. And we have to move at the end of this month!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wine!!!!!!! Yes.

Yes !!! I have 24 days to go & my brain is FULL !
  • Yeah I feel like I have a million little things to do and since they are such small things I don't think twice when I don't get them done after work, but I know it is going to start adding up. This saturday is my fiance's bachelor party, so with him out of the house I will definitely have some quiet time to get a lot of my DIY crap done.
  • Wine!!!!!!! Yes.
    Yes !!! I have 24 days to go & my brain is FULL !
    31 days here.  Just managed to design (last night) my Menu Cards, Programs, and Rehearsal dinner invites. Just have to get paper for the menus and programs to print them up (and more ink!) before the wedding.  I can probably do that the couple of days before (programs).   Next up is checking on the room block (added an additional 10 rooms the other day and had them extend the cut off another week) to see how many are booked (and who) so I can figure out hotel bags.  Then I have to figure out where to go to get all the stuff for the bathroom baskets (2 - one for the mens room and one for women's room), as well as items for the survival kits I'm giving my girls.  Then I have to get on top of FI to make sure he gets his groomsmen gifts figured out.  I swear, my to do list is getting longer and longer with every item I check off.  OYE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • 22 days!! Eeek!!! I probably should start running lizandmark; I really haven't been exercising and I HAVE to. It would help for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 22 days to go here as well. I'm very nervous and excited. Not the type of "hey look at me" person so I'm nervous about having all those eyes on me that day. I keep thinking I'm going to trip and fall down the aisle or during our first dance lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was fine until I found out that my bridesmaids' dresses aren't in.  They haven't even made it from the factory to the designer's warehouse, much less to the store.  They've told three different bridesmaids that they'll arrive on three different days this week, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was fine until I found out that my bridesmaids' dresses aren't in.  They haven't even made it from the factory to the designer's warehouse, much less to the store.  They've told three different bridesmaids that they'll arrive on three different days this week, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I have one bridesmaid that had to order a smaller gown and it isn't in yet. I worry because the estimated time of delivery is 3/13...2 days before our wedding. Of course this BM is also my FSIL and she didn't listen to me when I said my mom would do the alterations for FREE. All she would have to do is pay for the gas to get to my moms house (all of a 30 minute drive). But no, she did her own thing and told me after the fact. I have to keep tabs on it because if it is not in this week, I am going to flip. I already have stress about my dress being done (I'm wearing my moms gown, she is modifying it for me) and to add this to the mix, is going to make me lose hair. Lol. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • 2 weeks away yesterday and today is 3 months until we leave for HM!  Only thing that may make me lose my mind is dad:  he was working on my parents' seating arrangements for reception and venue must have final counts for food/seating tomorrow.  Something tells me my dad's over-dramatizing everything and his ability to make everything more difficult and thus take longer than what is really necessary, will delay this count to reception venue.  OYE!    Otherwise, we're in good shape :))))  
  • 17 days!!!!

My matron of honor ordered her dress late (she's always been a procrastinor.. no matter how many times I told her to go!). Her dress is set to arrive March 4, the wedding is March 8 AND to top it off she ordered it one size too small (she sent her hubby to order it, so who knows who dropped the ball). AHHH!!!

Yes.. I'm breathing...

175 are partying
    2 awaiting on reply

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards