Connecticut

Florist - Plan B

So Jane at Just for You is already booked for our date, 16 months in advance!  Well, to be fair, she said it was a family event, so I totally understand.  But boo, I'm so disappointed!  I think my Mom is, too, since she loved the pictures on her website and my Mom is really into flowers.

Any other suggestions?  Our budget is a max of $3000 for everything - some flowers on shepards hooks along the aisle, a few on the arbor during the ceremony, the bridal bouquet (duh), 11 boutineers, 8 corsages, table centerpieces for approximately 18 tables, some flower arrangements to go on the fireplaces in our venue, and a few other pieces for catering tables, the bar, around the mansion, etc. 

Anniversary

Re: Florist - Plan B

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 of my friends who got married last year used Melissa from Stylish Blooms and their flowers were gorgeous and well within budget like Jane.
  • edited December 2011
    Melissa is the other florist that is usually recommended a lot on these boards.. I would definately check her out.. I haven't seen any bad reviews about her work! Good Luck!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Elizabeth at Blush Studio.  I had a lot of difficulty in finding someone to work with my budget but she came back with amazing ideas that fell just below my maximum.  I am so happy with her ideas, she completely understands my vision and didn't give me bottom of the barrel flowers just because of my budget limitations.  It would be worth your while to give her a call.
  • edited December 2011
    Christine from Azalea Floral Design is so great!  She is super budget concious.  If you have any questions about her just PM me. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jane, but Melissa from Stylish Blooms was my second choice.  I had a hard time choosing between them because they both do really good work.
    Anniversary
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really like Melissa's work.  Anyone heard of Candi's Floral Creations?

Anniversary

• TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calindi- I looked in my massive wedding folder and the only one I found that no one else mentioned yet was: HGK Designs...think I might have met them at a wedding show. Now sure what your style is, but here's the link if you want to check them out:
    http://www.hgkdesigns.com/index.php

We haven't got into florists yet and the only other two places I have bookmarked are Just for You and Stylish Blooms. Let me know if you find anyone great! We seem to have simliar (good) taste ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We used Beechwood Florist in Milford and loved them!

imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Beechwood. Very affordable and I love their work.
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the beginning stages of looking for a florist.  My cousins used Flowers from the Farm out of Hamden.  My aunt said they were very reasonably priced and looked great.  Again, I'm just going on someone else's word, but it's one place I will be looking into when I get serious about the search.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TBee - book Jane.  Seriously, just do it.  I'm sad she won't take dates on our day.  But I think Candi will do a good job!  We're shopping around still though.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Another vote for Beechwood here. I'm using them for my wedding on Friday and they are very very budget-friendly.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards